Subaru Wrx or impreza
27%

Total votes: 11

lunatic
Addict
Addict

Give me u're advise!!! :lol:

Post by lunatic »

ok , first this is a total off topic question... well lets see i'm due to get a nu car soon... i was wonderin if y'all can gimme advise w/ cars... this is my first car and my mom is willin to buy me n e car that is under 17000. so which one should i get... i posted the possibilities in the poll. btw if u choose others can u like gimme an idea of what car... o yeh if u can gimme advise as to why i should or shouldnt get a car... if u think dis thing is jus stupid den dont comment at al cuz it jus makes me mad and i'm prolly gonna pm u givin u a hard time fo being a bitch in somem u dont like... 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

I gotta go with the Honda Civic. Sure, it's not flashy or anything, but they're damn nice cars. They're well-made and don't need a lot of maintenance, and they get great gas mileage. They're cheap to maintain and have a good safety record.
nmrim
Addict
Addict

Post by nmrim »

i have a honda civic but if i had the money i'd get an rx7. rx7s are nice cars and very fast. it all really depends on what you want to use the car for and what you plan on doing to the car. if you don't know much about cars and you're not willing to learn then i would definitely stay away from the 7. also, rx7s might be kinda hard to find depending on where you live. if there is anything you want to know about rx7s go to http://www.rx7club.com. their forums are great. they have a whole section dedicated to rx7s for sale...
jen

wish i could claim it but my soul is not that beautiful... www.normalform.com
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Get a cadillac, they're cool 8).
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

mazda rx-7 is the phatest car around when its hooked up
tone
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Now me being the car guy I am, I'd say go American. Me myself, I wanna get a 1996 Chevy Impala to show all the riceboys up here who's boss. :lol:

WRX's are nice and fast and stable, but they're also expensive.

Civics are good, but Honda's are usually marked up a bit more than MSRP, and can be a bit expensive to maintain. Same with Accords.

RX-7's are fast as hell, but are prone to engine breakdown due to the Wankel rotary engine--they're also prone to burning oil.

Celicas are great, but underpowered unless you get the GT-S with a 6spd.

Protegé's are great--especially if you get the Protegé5 with a 5spd.

Those are my two-cents. If you have the cash, I'd say go American--either something big, something with a muscular V8, or even both! 8)
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:Now me being the car guy I am, I'd say go American. Me myself, I wanna get a 1996 Chevy Impala to show all the riceboys up here who's boss. :lol:

WRX's are nice and fast and stable, but they're also expensive.

Civics are good, but Honda's are usually marked up a bit more than MSRP, and can be a bit expensive to maintain. Same with Accords.

RX-7's are fast as hell, but are prone to engine breakdown due to the Wankel rotary engine--they're also prone to burning oil.

Celicas are great, but underpowered unless you get the GT-S with a 6spd.

Protegé's are great--especially if you get the Protegé5 with a 5spd.

Those are my two-cents. If you have the cash, I'd say go American--either something big, something with a muscular V8, or even both! 8)
DADINK13 .. thats what im talking about.. heh.. damn rice burners..all them jap cars and stuff. Go american. :wink: But I cant really bitch and moan, I myself have a P.O.S. Corolla.. hahah.. but its only my first car, and didnt have rich parents buying it for me, the money came from my hard earned work money.
hmph

cars

Post by hmph »

All i am gonna say is GM f-body. camaro, firebird, or trans am, all nice cars (especially if you get the camaro SS, the Firebird formula, or the Trans am :wink: ) they are fast, and if you get an upgraded one, it has a heavenly exhaust tone, nice and throaty
(]-_-[)
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:DADINK13 .. thats what im talking about.. heh.. damn rice burners..all them jap cars and stuff. Go american. :wink: But I cant really bitch and moan, I myself have a P.O.S. Corolla.. hahah.. but its only my first car, and didnt have rich parents buying it for me, the money came from my hard earned work money.
Well, I dunno what's worse--a true rice-car..or American or Bavarian Rice. Ya know, Neons, Focus', Jettas, Golfs, New Beetles, Berettas and Grand Ams (I see tons of those up here), and even (ugh) Mustangs and Camaros. Now I love the Mustang and the Camaro, but seeing one that's been riced just breaks my heart.

Me, if I can get my hands on a 1996 Impala like I want, I'm just gonna go simple. Get a red Chevy bowtie for the front, and either Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back systems, or Dynomax. I want something that's throaty and deep, but not terribly loud until the gas gets punched. :lol: Too bad Impala's are expensive.. :(
hmph

Post by hmph »

i agree entirely with what DADINK13 said 100%
(]-_-[)
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

hmm... i still dont know i'm thinkin of civic or subaru since a lot o u talkin bout it and, o yeah dead u right a lot o ma frienz said da same thang, dont get rx-7 as u're first cuz its a pain to fix it if it eva breaks down... 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

lunatic wrote:o yeah dead u right a lot o ma frienz said da same thang, dont get rx-7 as u're first cuz its a pain to fix it if it eva breaks down... 8)
it's not an IF it breaks down..it WILL break down. Some guy up the block from me has a 1994 RX-7, and he was always fixing something on it.
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

DADINK13 wrote:it's not an IF it breaks down..it WILL break down. Some guy up the block from me has a 1994 RX-7, and he was always fixing something on it.
In dat case i dont think i wanna get the rx-7 n e more(even though i jus love dat car) i guess i am going wit civin since a lot of voted for the civic n e wayz... if n e one else has n e advise jus post it on... 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

lunatic wrote:In dat case i dont think i wanna get the rx-7 n e more(even though i jus love dat car) i guess i am going wit civin since a lot of voted for the civic n e wayz... if n e one else has n e advise jus post it on... 8)
Well now the question is are you planning on buying a new car or a used car? Is this your first car?
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

DADINK13 wrote:Well now the question is are you planning on buying a new car or a used car? Is this your first car?
umm... first question, i am planning on buyin a new car because my bro bought a used car as his first and it gave him a load of problems, and he wasted a lot of money on it too. and yea this is my first car, plus my mom is planning on buyin me dis car all wit her money... 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~