Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Why would you hand write it first? :-?
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Because I had plenty of spare time at work all week. Instead of sitting there on my ass, I decided to be productive and actually do my paper. I had over 20 hours of downtime this week (gotta love the begining of the boating season), so I did my paper. It's not due until Monday, but I won't have time to hand it in on Monday (that would require me driving to campus), and I don't know what time I'll be working at on Monday. The paper has to be in my professor's mailbox no later than 3pm. If I work Monday morning I'm screwed. It needs to be done tonight--and made longer by about a page and a half.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Ok I pissed off. My brother stops a lot of downloads I was getting off of kazaa. that or he delted ever file that he calls "gay" which is most of my mp3s and anime stuff I download. I was downloading a lot of Fansubs of an anime not realise in the US and no known plans. But that not the point. I had about 50% of them down before I went to work. THe ones that are still have where the ones I had moved off into another folder. I had about 15 more dl going off a kazza and many of them I been running for a few days. My brother cancels all the downloads going and delets what ever files I had not moved yet. GOD DAMN HIM. I wish I could say this was the first time he done this but NO he does it repently then he gets mad when i just pause one of his downloads because I need the bandwith or the more offen I need the VM and the ram that Kazaa has under it contral. Already once this yeah he went into my fold and delelted all of my mp3s because he claimed it was eating up to much hard drive space (yeah 500 megs. He missed the other folders that I had that were 2 gigs a peace) While he folder had 3 gigs of stuff in it. I say I would believe he reasoning that he did not do it if it was nto for the fact that he goes into my folder quite offen and he is the only member of my family that would go into my folder and delte stuff. The MP3 lost was not to bad because I had recenlt copied many of them over to my laptop and I had a back up cd of most of them. The stuff I lost I just redownload. But canceling all the downloads I had running. It going to make my life a pain in the ass now just starting them all back up since now I have to figure out what I have and dont have out of 26 files I need to get. Each of the files are about 200 megs. DAMN HIM DAMN HIM DAMN HIM
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

And that is exactly why no one touches any of my computers.
:D
Matt

Post by Matt »

jester22c wrote:And that is exactly why no one touches any of my computers.
Same here...

This reminds me when my brother decided to play with wires and unhook the modem from the router....pissed me off when I didnt have Office XP when I came home...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

jester22c wrote:And that is exactly why no one touches any of my computers.
I dont get that luxury for the computer connect to the net :sad: (well I dont get it yet). There is a reason my laptop is password proctect though. On day I walk off leaving the laptop on and my brother goes changes my background, my winamp skin, my pointers and theme oh and my screen saver. His reasoning They are gay and they look stupided. Translations He does not like anime and he does not like megaman. My latop set up is very anime orintaled. My backgrounds you all see are ah my goddess and stuff. My winamp skin is megaman. My pointers are from sailor moon (dont dog me on it. Unless I tell you they are from sailor moon you can not tell. They just look cool. My waiting for background pointer for exmple is a computer looking thing. so if fits it mercury computer. and the reasoning be hind them is 4 years old. I made them my pointer on my last desktop for not the best reasons but I grew used to them and how they look so i kept them). He got my screen saver because he did not like it showing Jessi artwork and in his mind it gay. My theme because it did not look right. That took me all of 5 mins to fix but still. It one thing to change stuff on the home computer (which I leave along with a nutral backgound) but playing with my computer you dont do. this summer I will be free from his meddling in my stuff on the computer because I have my own (thank god)
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

My computer locks when the screen saver goes on. And even if somebody hit the hard reset button, you can't logon because only my account and the Administrator account are active on it. And you can't shut it down from the login screen because I disabled that.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

DADINK13 wrote:My computer locks when the screen saver goes on. And even if somebody hit the hard reset button, you can't logon because only my account and the Administrator account are active on it. And you can't shut it down from the login screen because I disabled that.
how do you do that. That would be very helpful to me
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

You can only do it on 2000 or XP. It's an option in the User Accounts control panel.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Actually no it's not there. To lock your computer when the screensaver is on, just set a screensaver password. Windows will make it the same one you use to logon.

As for preventing the machine from being shutoff from the login screen....you'll have to find that one yourself.. :wink:
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

Timelessblur how old is your brother? He seems to give you a lot of strife with your computers.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

he is 18 so he knows a lot of the little tricks about computer 2
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Wow... Seriously, as annoying as you made him out to be, I thought he'd be 11 or 12, or maybe 13 at the most.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Well if you want to upset your brother then attacking his computer settings can be a major start... I know it would upset my brother (and all i do is un "auto hide" the task bar (I'm not trying to be mean when I do it though).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I wish I could do that but we dont have XP yet. We will be getting XP and believe me I will be an adminstor or I will make my self one. I can promies you all this there will only be 2 adminstors on our computer after XP. My dad and I. I will make sure of that. (I can convience my dad to make me one because of ease and the fact that I install most of the stuff on our computer any how well that or I just sign in under him and make my account one. I know his passwords :twisted: )