Post your Rants here!

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

wat was the point of that post?? u hav 2 much free time, do something else....
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Walker wrote:Try to beat this. My Pool Got a hole in it. It Happened because my "Genius" Dad, left the thermometer on the deck, it blew in over the winter, and the water on top of it froze. The Ice Pushed down on it right Through our liner :o . When My Dad was draining the pool the rest of the way, the aluminum around the edges cracked. So We Had To Buy New Aluminum and a Liner. We Got Some Frined over put it in, OK. After 1 week of it being filled up, our BRAND NEW Liner Ripped on the seam. The Only Thing that pisses me off, is that our Water bill was $300! Now We Have To Get A New Liner, which is covered by warranty, and fill it up again. :evil: :roll:
Ohh god your pool got fucked up and is covered by warranty, and your water bill was $300 which is probably what your dad makes in an hour. Meanwhile, some other guy on this forum can't drive to work because the 1 vehicle he has, which he shares with his mother, which is a minivan, is broken. Damn your life sucks!
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Dude, What is with you? You could have been a little nicer. and IF it is any of your business, my dad does NOT make $300 An Hour. :evil:
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

this is getting worse!
Robpol86 (10:29:44 PM): i was watchin a vid, then my vid, keybrd, and mouse froze (but i was still d/l and my snd was still playin the vid). then the screen whent black, then my monitor acted like ther was no signal, then it came bak @ 640x480 w/ 16 colors and xp said it has detected a device failure and u best save ur stuff and restart
Robpol86 (10:30:06 PM): this is my 3rd device failure after that damned hurricane
first, the dayof the hurricane my nic decided 2 get a device failure and wouldnt work on pci0, i moved it down, it worked. then eariler 2day, the nic suddenly stopped working, i disabled it, renabled it (stayed disabled), went to device manager and disabled it there and reenabled, then it was stuck as "enabled" in the network connections, but wouldnt work, a restart fixed this. now my VID CARD decided 2 give out, but wasnt permanent after a restart. hey, @least it wasnt a bsod!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

No point in starting a new thread right?
Rant time.

I am very ready for Xmas break. After thanksgiving school offical starts to suck. This week right now I have 4 test in 2 days (all my class). 3 of the test are tommorrow and the first one was today. On top of this I have final projects due next Tuesday and wenday. One I had to start over on since I scrap waht I before thanksgiving because I release that it was not going to work very well and it was just easier to start over. On top of that due tommorrow for my chem test is 100 + question that I have not really started yet nor I have finish reading the chapter. I have my cal test tommorrow and my engineering anl test. I already know I dont have enough time to study for all 3 of them evien if I did pull an all nighter (right now I am hoping to just get 3 hours of sleep). The best I can hope for is math is going to be easy for me to pick up and review for and for me to understand it. Chemisty I already know will take me a lot of work just to get a C on the test I barely understand it as it is. I think the best saving grace I have right now is my engineering anlazy test I can aford to really get a C on since I am pretty damn sure I am going ot get a 110 on my final project (which counts for a test grade) and my current test average in there is a 90. Plus I have a 100+ average for my homework and about 100 for my quizes. I think in there my average adding in my final project is like a 94-96 plus there is a 5 point bonces built into the grading scale. Yeah. The project for that class is close to being done just the look pretty part left and then helping the rest of my group get theres done..... As for engineering Graphic project I am about 1/10 of the way though it and I only have to do it in the lab. Yeah I am in bad shape for that one. I pretty much have to finish it almost all of it this week some how. Yestday I left both my calculator and all my chem stuff in lab so I was pretty stress out until about 11 oclock last night when my TA emailed me back telling me where it was and that she found it. I am dead tired and I dont have time for sleep. Just have to make it though this week.... DAMN SCHOOL PUTING EVERYTHING AT THE END ALL AT THE SAME TIME DAMN IT. (Sad part is I won the compotion last night on who was the most screwed for time this week. I really need sleep and no time for it. If I some how make it to the weekend with out getting sick I will be very surpised
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Ohh.. yeah. Forgot all about this thread.

I need to rant too.
I'm tired of the way everyone keeps bitching and moaning on this god damned forum. Every thread seems to turn into an argument.

If you don't like something, keep it to yourself. There's no sense in posting your fucking bullshit nonsense for the world to read. No one cares. Deal with it. No one likes you. Deal with it. Go the fuck away.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Okay I'm sure all of you have upgraded something before...

Well have you ever come across something that "upgrades" all the previous files? Other then taking extra time most of the time this isn't a issue, since you didn't change any files... But what happens when you did?

I use "Extreme phpBB" for my forums, and they seem to throw out a darn upgrade at least once a week (well if you average it at least)... I don't like one of the icons they use for the board so I changed it... I also have my own logo (go figure). Now these are two very simple things to change back to what they used to be... But when you have to change these two things every darn week it gets very annoying (especially when you changed one of the things and forgot about the other)...

So for me this is just a stupid pain in the butt, but what about those people that have complicated changes? Like adding a additional mod to the forums? All of a sudden that upgrade that is only supposed to take as much time as it takes to ftp has now took hours... 4 hours a week...

Can't people make upgrades simple and only include the changed files?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I can relate. THe project I am working on for my paycheck is like that. We have highly customized certain Java Classes and whenever an update is released we have to archive those changed class files and then install the update. Once we determine the update didn't break anything, then I have to compare each of my customized Classes to the new ones to see what has changed from the original I modified. If nothing has changed, then I can copy over the new file with my old, modified version. If they changed the original source, then I have to re-modify the file. It is a pain in the butt, but much better than trying to recreate everything from scratch each time.
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Grr...

What is up with my stupid school? I just got an e-mail saying the following:
stupid@$$ e-mail wrote:I'm sorry, but the section of EDFI 402 you were registered for is a
section created for students who are enrolled in the secondary
methods block Spring 2004. You have been dropped from the class.
Please see your advisor.
Let me say that 1) This class has a first day attendance policy and 2) TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES!!! That e-mail went to a total of 16 students. Now, couldn't they have done a little searching at *some* point over winter break when they were working and notified us a little sooner? Some sections are already closed and wait listed, while the other open ones have already met today for the first time. The class was only meeting wednesday morning... so now I'm down a class that I had intended to take so I wouldn't have to do so when I was student teaching. Grrr.... at least I get to take the stupid book back for a refund. And once I am done getting ticked off at the school for their stupidness, I'll realize that I still have another couple of semesters to pick it up. *grumble* *grumble*

Edit:

Ok... this is totally stupid. Just after posting this I got ANOTHER e-mail, but it was from the instructor this time...
instructor's e-mail wrote:We figured out the problem...I'll explain in class. Please disgregard my previous message. See you in class on Wednesday!
So... Now I'm totally *(&%ing confused... But I will go to the class and hopefully things will be worked out. Gah!!! STUPID SCHOOL
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

That's nothing. My sister went online today to check her school email and it told her she WASNT A STUDENT! She registered and payed for classes. She's going to bitch at registration today. (and this is after the school tried to not pay her for working because she somehow didnt exist)
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

i say schools can kiss all of our.... text books... had to keep it clean ;)
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

Moon Child wrote:i say schools can kiss all of our.... text books... had to keep it clean ;)
ASS!? Can you kiss my text book?

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.