Post your Rants here!

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I with the 15 over the limit is not to bad hell I been pulled over for doing 20 over a lot but running red lights is just plan dangous. Hell today because I was on an open stright of roud and I was in a bad mood I pushed my car to 115 in a 60 now that a little over board but there ones no else around (My speedo reads to 150 but the computer limiter from what I read kicks in at 125. I have not hit it Yet)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I'm guessing at the speed. It may have been faster because when the light changed right after he blew threw it he was out of sight (it was a straight road and there aren't many cars on the road at 5am). Houston has a lot of problems with people getting hit and/or killed from people running red lights. It just pisses me off. There are very few reasons that you should be in such a hurry to run red lights. I could understand doing a rolling stop, but to just run it as if the light didn't even exist.....please!
XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

I hate people who try to steal my bike.
I have had at least 6 people try to steal it in the last month, and its getting REALLY annoying!
This kid today (whos tried to steal it 2 times before) got all his little buddies (so i was outnumbered 10 to 1) and tried to take it, i was about to introduce his face to my steal toed boot before this old lady came out and yelled at them and made them leave me alone. I don't even know this guy, yet alone done anything to him! God, people just piss me off sometimes..
Anarchy and Peace - Learn and Teach.
Kill the panda!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

XIII wrote:I hate people who try to steal my bike.
I have had at least 6 people try to steal it in the last month, and its getting REALLY annoying!
This kid today (whos tried to steal it 2 times before) got all his little buddies (so i was outnumbered 10 to 1) and tried to take it, i was about to introduce his face to my steal toed boot before this old lady came out and yelled at them and made them leave me alone. I don't even know this guy, yet alone done anything to him! God, people just piss me off sometimes..
I feel your pain dude.. I've had my bike stolen before..
It was a black Redline.. Uni seat, Ultralight handlebars.. really thin, light rims..cant think of the name. It was basically a racing bike.. I had it rebuilt from parts I bought..repainted it myself and everything.
Someone stole my bike..and another bike I used to use before I got the Redline.. both right out of our garage in the middle of the night! :evil:
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Having a new Metroid game that you don't know what to do in makes your head hurt.. :-?

I just got me a GameCube and Prime, and already I've discovered that my "Metroid Instinct" is a little rusty, and it's annoying me. Thinking too much is making my head hurt..
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Installing modifications to phpBB sucks.

I'm trying to install that "shop" mod that Anthony and Matt have over at PhaseDMA, but when I update the final file (viewtopic.php), I get parse errors. One of the new links isn't showing up where it should be, and I think I'm missing a link somewhere..

Grrrr......
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Mods are such a pain in the butt.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Rain sucks. Rain flooded the ground level and basement of my house. My shop-vac is full of water, and I can't lift it up the stairs myself (gotta love 20-gal shop-vacs.. :roll: ), so I'm using towels to soak up the water.

Stupid rain.. :-?
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Time to bring this guy back to life...

Restoring databases suck. Stupid MySQL has to be a bitch and screw with my forum, so now I'm restoring my database table by table. I'm just ready to enter all the SQL queries and get a drink or something because this takes to god damn long!!! :evil:

Stupid MySQL....grrrrr....
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:Time to bring this guy back to life...

Restoring databases suck. Stupid MySQL has to be a bitch and screw with my forum, so now I'm restoring my database table by table. I'm just ready to enter all the SQL queries and get a drink or something because this takes to god damn long!!! :evil:

Stupid MySQL....grrrrr....
Didn't you do a full database backup??
Couldn't you just import the database back into MySQL??
(or am I talking jibberish...cause that seems plausable.. but I'm not sure exactly even how to do what your doing with MySQL..
God I hope my database doesn't crash! :o
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

If I've learned anything about MySQL in the past year or so, it's grab backups often. They can save your life :D.
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

lol I did all of that. But I didn't want to restore tables that I didn't want because I messed up when I first installed phpBB. I'm just restoring the twenty-something tables that phpBB makes when you first install it. That's why I exported all the tables one-by-one.

It's a little more painful, but it's getting done right.

Oh yea, and what I'm doing is using phpMyAdmin to restore the tables one at a time. It's just taking so long because some tables have over 200 queries, and the server takes a while to input them all. Sometimes 15 minutes at a time. And with a table with over 4000 queries, I'm not gonna sit there and do it one query at a time. Just copy and paste all the queries for that table, hit go, and get a cup of coffee. 8)

I think I'm starting to figure out MySQL. Maybe I can help out Mark next time Big-O's database gets raped by MySQL.. :twisted:
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Backups? Shoot :runs off:
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Lucky for me my database doesnt have anything in it yet... :P
But it will soon I suppose. :roll:
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

My forum's back up and running now at least. :D

Just gotta reinstall the mods.... :x Working on the file attachment one right now.

Oh yea Mark..you should see this file attachment mod that I have. I think it's a more recent version of the one installed here. Attachments are displayed in a little table at the bottom of the post instead of a horizontal rule and the link like what you have. It's pretty neat. :)