5 Major cities without power

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I have friends in Toledo and Cleveland that are still dealing with blackouts. The major thing my friends in Cleveland are dealing with is the water supply. Apparently its still pretty brown. Any sort of eatery isn't operable because of it. One of my friends was at work when the power went out there again at noon. They finally left the employees go home at 6 pm. What a waste.

Yeah... it sucked not seeing some of the regulars I talk to online because of it. I'm glad they have at least some power.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

KooLTaB101 wrote:Looks like you need to change your location Carl ;)
Already done! :D

Cahprus Cohve, Texus

8)

Still a New Yorker no matter what! :cheesy:
Matt

Post by Matt »

lol....lets see how long his accent will last. I'm willing to collect the money for bets :D
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Give him 2 weeks he loose his new Yorker accent and He start calling all Soda Coke. That what I call all Carbinated drinks, A coke. Pesi is a coke sprite is a coke dr pepper is a coke. When you ask for a coke down here the question is what kind
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Timelessblur wrote:Give him 2 weeks he loose his new Yorker accent
You're a man of little faith I see.. :twisted:

I'm willing to bet $100 that "Ahllstihultawhk witmuh New Yowrk axe-ent in too weeks."

Translation: I'll still talk with my New York accent in two weeks.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

well it took you sister what a week to loose hers?
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

..She's lived in Texas for over three years. And she still says things like she's from New York.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

The Power Here Went Very Low, I had My Fan On, and the light on, and both started to fade down slowly. I beleive my Power Companie switched our Grids Before it could affect us.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Woohoo... from the looks of it, Ohio's getting the blame. Aren't we all just a bunch of trouble makers here in this state? hehe
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Walker wrote:The Power Here Went Very Low, I had My Fan On, and the light on, and both started to fade down slowly. I beleive my Power Companie switched our Grids Before it could affect us.
yeah, same here, about 10 secs.
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Moon Child wrote:Woohoo... from the looks of it, Ohio's getting the blame. Aren't we all just a bunch of trouble makers here in this state? hehe
Blah.. First it's Canada's side of the falls... Then NYC... Then Canada blames the American side of the falls... Then Canada blames NJ... Now it's Ohio...

Oh and BTW some guy appointed by the President (not this Bush), said we have the power grid of a third world country... I guess Canada does too :roll: . I'd like to know who he thinks has the best power grid system (granted the power grids are apparently way out of date... But can you have the power grid of a third world country if no one has a better one... Better off can you the the anything of a third world country when you most powerful country in all aspects in the world?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

PhaseDMA wrote:Oh and BTW some guy appointed by the President (not this Bush), said we have the power grid of a third world country... I guess Canada does too . I'd like to know who he thinks has the best power grid system (granted the power grids are apparently way out of date... But can you have the power grid of a third world country if no one has a better one... Better off can you the the anything of a third world country when you most powerful country in all aspects in the world?
i think he was just comparing....that is bad right now..not actually saying that we do
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I still say a Country wide power grid can afford a small hickup every 30 years. Saying that the United States has the power grid of a 3rd World Country is quite a harsh statement.

IMO this guy simply said what he did to draw attention, and what took him so long to say this? CA has been having rolling black outs for a long time now - Apparently he is blind as well as stupid.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
blAkdraGon
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by blAkdraGon »

yea...o well..i have something to be proud of...i lived through 24 hours without electricity....
=*-dRagON-*=
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I think the power should go out for a week... Any one (minus people with medical problems) that die, don't deserve to live anyways. Power is nice... But when people brag "I lived though 24 hrs of no power (which btw you didn't) it makes me realize just how bad the state of this Country is in... If every single person was forced to go camping for a week.... in a tent... I don't think half would make it before they ended up having to leave because they couldn't manage to cook their food. or even worse couldn't figure out how to light a camp fire (go ahead and give them food/water/flashlights/shelter/lighters (ie camping supplies)).

Yes I know a lot of people that say "I made it through 24 hrs or power" are not really in that bad of shape, but their are a lot more that really are in that bad of shape.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ