What's your major?

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Re: What's your major?

Post by Axilla »

Jon8RFC wrote:That explains your wit and thought processes. I bet a large chunk is natural as well, but you can definitely think well and quickly. On a side note, did you ever happen to debate in high school or college?
I tried debate freshman year but the student organizer of it was a complete douche...freshman arent allowed to compete in the first match of the yeah, but the first match he calls me at 6:00am and says I have to get to school by 6:45am to get on the bus cuz someone didnt show and they need me for the competition. I obviously can't do that, and he tries to make me feel super bad about it cuz the team would lose without a certain number of people. At the next meeting he tried to blame the fact that we lost on me, so I called him a faggot, spit on his shoes and quit.

I did do mock trial through out high school tho. My dad is an attorney, and was the attorney coach of our team, so yeah a lot of it comes naturally.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Re: What's your major?

Post by Master Jedi »

Jon8RFC wrote:
Master Jedi wrote:Nuclear Engineering
Tough and very interesting stuff as far as I know. Pretty cool :) Had you ever considered chemical engineering before u settled on nuclear?
Yeah I did, but I decided I was better suited for nuclear.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

axilla I am guessing you major is an undergrade degree and you are going onto to get a gradutade degree in something else that about hte only thing I can think of a Philosophy and Sociology be used for. If I am wrong please tell me what it is used for.

Jedi I though about going nuclear engineering but I would of had to go into the militray to really get into a program. I though about chemical engineering but I dont really like chemistry that much at all so that lead me to my the fact I like to build design building and project manage which civil engineers do
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

I'm going to law school.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Axilla wrote:I'm going to law school.
that also explains a lot
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

my brother is in civil engineering
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

My granddad was a civil engineer, smart man for sure. Ive got the engineering genes in me as well, I just need to get my mind in check and get going! Ya'll rock for all takign such interesting classes :D

I wish EVERYBODY the best luck with school and their future career :D :D
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Oh I know I have the engineering Gene. I am going to be like 3rd generatoin engineering. (If I went chemical engineering I would of been a 3rd generatoin chemical engineer)
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I guess that's kinda why I'm in an education field. My mom and two aunts were both teachers, and so is one of my cousins.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Moon Child wrote:I guess that's kinda why I'm in an education field. My mom and two aunts were both teachers, and so is one of my cousins.
Hee hee If I had gone teacher I would of been at least a 6th generation teacher but then again I did not want to that at all.
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Moon Child wrote:I guess that's kinda why I'm in an education field. My mom and two aunts were both teachers, and so is one of my cousins.
Timelessblur wrote:Oh I know I have the engineering Gene. I am going to be like 3rd generatoin engineering. (If I went chemical engineering I would of been a 3rd generatoin chemical engineer)
That's cool how it works out that way...my great grandad (Murray, Bill's wife's father), grandad (Bill), great uncle (Pat, Bill's brother), great uncle (Jim, Bill's wife's brother), one uncle (Bill jr), and even one brother-in-law, are all engineers.

This might be kinda confusing, but my mom and her cousins are "double cousins". My grandad's and grandmother's siblings each married the other's siblings. My grandad (Bill) has a brother (Pat) and my grandmother (Frances) has a sister (Holly) Frances married Bill and Holly married Pat. My grandad Bill taught for 13 years after he retired as well haha. Holly was a teacher, my mom was a teacher, her sister (my aunt) is a teacher, all three of Holly's kids (Jane, Susan, Doug (who are my mom's cousins)) are teachers, and Susan's daughter, Brooke (my second cousin), are ALL teachers.

It's cool how genes pass along like that, all the teachers and all the engineers in my family.
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

wow that was confusing but i think i get it
BigHead
~2592~
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

well adding on to mine I did get my list of classes for next sester (My advior told me to take them) all I have left to do is sign up for them

Next semsister
Phys 1308 (Cal bases Physic I. Other wise known as Univeristy Physics Most people on take Trig based Physics or known as Collage Physics) (Science)
Surveying 2301 (Consution Techlogy)
Static 2301 (Bottle neck corse. it Cor recs are Cal II and Phys 1308) (Civil engineering)
Math 1252 (Cal II) (Math
CONSTRUCTION MATLS LAB 2101 (Civil engineering)

14 hours but it more like a work load of some taking 18 hours. My advisor warn me that it going today when we set up what I will be taking that it going to be a very hard for me because Phys Cal II (the hardest math) Statics are all indivial very time consuming and hard to learn and I am donig all 3 at 1 time. On top he told me that Surveying is a very time consuming corus and what it difficult is it become pratical use of trig so that adds into the mix. Plus writing up lab reports is not my idea of fun.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Next Semester:
PY 407 - Modern Physics (mostly quantum physics)
NE 202 - Fundamentals of Nuclear Energy
MAE 208 - Mechanics: Dynamics
CSC 112 - FORTRAN Programming
FLS 202 - Intermediate Spanish II
PE 107 - Run Conditioning

(Subject to change)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Master Jedi wrote:Next Semester:
PY 407 - Modern Physics (mostly quantum physics)
NE 202 - Fundamentals of Nuclear Energy
MAE 208 - Mechanics: Dynamics
CSC 112 - FORTRAN Programming
FLS 202 - Intermediate Spanish II
PE 107 - Run Conditionin

(Subject to change)
I though FORTRAN program langues was dead. My dad had to program in that back when he was in collage 20 some odd years again. I was talking to him last night about what I was taking and a project I am working on and he told me that. btw what todya still uses FORTRAN