weird sheet goin on

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

weird sheet goin on

Post by Plasma2002b »

my laptop is slowly turning against me :-?

i need to do something about this.... my IE just STOPPED cache'ing all my webpages....... :(

and this REALLY sux when ur on a slow site such as big-o forums. I gotta reload EVERY page, EVERY image, EVERYTHING... it sux hardcore.

And it also makes it so i cant read any pages offline (which is pretty important cause i have all my class assignments online, and i look at them once and usually need them again later when i cant dial up).

Whats goin on?? I checked in the internet options and the checkbox IS checked that makes it cache. The temporary files settings are all normal and stuff.

any ideas?

-----------------------

Also, on an unrelated thing (i think), whenever i look through a folder, windows never remembers the order i want them listed. I always have to right click and select Aragne Icons By > Date, Name, or whatever.... and whenever i open up thta folder again, its in some weird order that isnt on the list... not quite random, but i dont know what it is.

Any ideas on how to MAKE SURE windows remembers the way you want it?
It never used to do this when i got it new..... i dont know what happened, but it started right outta the blue....

HELP!!!!

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Hmm....are you sure that "Empty Temporary Internet Files when browser is closed" under the advanced tab isnt checked?
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

in your internet options in the privacy section, what level do you have the cookie thing on because there is an option that blocks all cookies
tone
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

That thing about the stuff in folders not being in the correct order is a problem I used to have before formatting and putting 2k on here.

$10 says that your running Windows 98 SE ??? If you are, that would be your problem. Win98 seems to have problems remembering what order you sorted your folders in, even if that option is checked in the Folder Options.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

DADINK: yes im postive its not checked... i went through all that stuff looking for stuff.

Anthony: i dont even reallly care about the cookies right now.... the problem is with the cache.....

Wasted: you just lost $10. To tell the truth, i loved 98 SE. I had it on my old machine, then reformatted before realising i lost the disc :-? . But i have XP Home on my laptop..... i dont remember changing ANYTHING before this stuff started happeneing either.......

IT SUX ! :evil:

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

plasmas avatar has got to be the funniest icon ive seen here, i had to look at it closely to make sure it wasnt what i thought