Desktop screen shots

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I do the classic "PrtScn" button, followed by pasting it into a new Photoshop image. Nothing special that I know about.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

i think that most of are just pressing the PrtSc button and we just happen to have photoshop open cause we know thats what were gonna use to save it with.... so yeah......

i think Paint Shop Pro had a thing where it would automate screen captures... but i dunno.

(besides the PrtSc button r00lz anyways :D - you can press Alt-PrtSc to get a capture of just the active window for example)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Yeah I was using PSP for the automated screenshots.. but it doesnt let you capture the Taskbar. I forgot all about the Print Screen button. :roll: Thanks though, cause now I got it! :D

(and now I uploaded my new version of the desktop screen). Gota go back 1 page though.. there in all it's beauty and glory! :P
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I was looking at all of you screen shots and noticed that only Dadink and I are the only ones who are not using the classic windows set up. From what I can tell is everyone who put up a pic but Wasted is using XP. but everyone is using the old boxes shap windows. Me I like my smooth windows. Also I hate having a lot of Icons on my desktop. The screen shots I put seem a little clutter to me. I have a few extra folders I had not deleted or moved yet. But I also like having some stuff on the desktop that I uses a lot (my folder my computer and what not.) I just having trouble finding the balnces I like but I am getting close.
Also I want to see mark's and Ryan's desktops
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

that XP look (tagged the 'Fisher Price look') really uses resources and makes your comp react slower overall. Besides.... its just eye candy.

blah blah blah......

</rant>

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Plasma2002b wrote:that XP look (tagged the 'Fisher Price look') really uses resources and makes your comp react slower overall. Besides.... its just eye candy.

blah blah blah......

</rant>
It's basically the same thing as MS Plus! back on Windows 95/98. That or even just a gigantic DESKTOP THEME sitting on top of Win2000.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I don't use XP and I never will. It annoys the crap out of me. I've been running Windows 2000 since it came out and I'll stick with it. It will probably be the last version of Windows that I ever have on a system of my own.
:D
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Well using that "eye candy" I made my XP box look like something that you cant even get for a PC--OS X! :lol:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

well I like smooth egeas.... of coarse only my laptop has XP on it. The desktop has ME (and dont get me started on my hated for it. I can not even use CTRL ALT DEL with out crashing it)
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Timelessblur wrote:I can not even use CTRL ALT DEL with out crashing it

lol.... now thats funny :lol:

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Plasma2002b wrote:
Timelessblur wrote:I can not even use CTRL ALT DEL with out crashing it

lol.... now thats funny :lol:
what really sad is I was not joking
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

DADINK13, I love the background image of Eleanor. THAT car is so awesome... I wish I had one.

Here is what mine currently looks like, since I change it all the time. Its XP, but an applied LP theme. 8)

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

hey anothe Final Fansty lover cool. You winamp skin makes me think of one of my favor songs that comes from FF8. it called "Man with the Machine Gun"
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

maeg26 wrote:DADINK13, I love the background image of Eleanor. THAT car is so awesome... I wish I had one.
Me too. One of my dreams is to buy a muscle car from the mid to late 60s and completely restore it. Has to be larger than 350 cubes. 8) 440 Hemis are like my favorite thing in the world. But Shelby Mustangs are the sexiest looking of all of them. :P I'm on the prowl for a better picture of a Shelby Mustang, or some other orgasm inducing muscle car from that era. Any suggestions? :wink:
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Timelessblur wrote:hey anothe Final Fansty lover cool. You winamp skin makes me think of one of my favor songs that comes from FF8. it called "Man with the Machine Gun"
Yep. there's three interests we share now:
FF
Anime
AIM+

:)