msn messenger plus

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Ok... my brain definately was not working last night when I typed that... I think one reason I wasn't sure though when I did ask was because I had been able to download msn messenger even though I have XP.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

If I don't have to have something built into the system then I don't use it. The thing with 5.0 is the website said some of the programs do not work with 5.0 so I got the last version of 4.x.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

PhaseDMA wrote:If I don't have to have something built into the system then I don't use it. The thing with 5.0 is the website said some of the programs do not work with 5.0 so I got the last version of 4.x.
Yeah, like remote assistance and stuff like that..., basically it's netmeeting, so as long as you have Netmeeting installed, it's pretty much the same program. You'll just have to manually launch those few progs. Or at least I've been able to get it to work... :D
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I stumbled across the program a week ago. It was listed on Beta News and I thought I'd give it a try because it got good member reviews.

I like it, but the chat logger is no where as good as this one. It logs in simple txt files. You kind of get spoiled with the HTML ones we get with AIM+. Unfortunately, some of the features are only available if the people you are talking to also have Messenger Plus!
Last edited by harra on Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

That's because MSN Messenger chats are saved as .txt by default.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

It really does not take away much though IMO since they are not formated much in the first place.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I learned about this from Bryan Villarin's forums--so I downloaded it right away--and it's sweet. I barely use MSN as it is, but now that I got this thing, it makes MSN even better! :cheesy:
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

PhaseDMA wrote:It really does not take away much though IMO since they are not formated much in the first place.
I'm more interested in color formatting so it's easier to tell one person from another. Especially, when you have multiple people in a conversation
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

harra wrote:
PhaseDMA wrote:It really does not take away much though IMO since they are not formated much in the first place.
I'm more interested in color formatting so it's easier to tell one person from another. Especially, when you have multiple people in a conversation
That going to be a life savor I had the unforct experice of trying to follow 5 diffent people talking and all in the same color. That was the one time I like about AIM chating is everone has a deffent coloer for there name
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Oh. I forgot about MSN having "chat" ablities. You would think it would be simple to make each SN a diffrent color at least though.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

PhaseDMA wrote:Oh. I forgot about MSN having "chat" ablities. You would think it would be simple to make each SN a diffrent color at least though.
Not simple when you are using txt files to store the convo's. There aren't formatting options for that. It is simply ASCII text.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I think he's suggesting that the logs shouldn't be plain text. (And by the way, they don't have to be ASCII. They can be Unicode.) Maybe XML, HTML or something else with fomatting.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I am not sure if it is this program or not (I have used a couple new ones recently) but I think they let you choose which to use. I actually think all logs should be recorded "as is", which means to use html or such. It may be more simple though with AIM since I know it uses HTML anyways (I don't know if MSN does or not).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

im not sure if it means nething but msn does use those graphical smilies n im not sure if that means it uses html or not....
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Just because you have graphics does not mean that it is HTML. Example: Microsoft Word is not HTML.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ