THE FUTURE IS NOW! BITWISE!!!

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

kjwalker wrote:Does KevinMU1 Have anything to say about this?
<is confused as to why you asked him>
KevinMU1
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by KevinMU1 »

LOL I guess I failed to mention that I wrote the BitWise client. ;) I have talked to many of you online, so that's why some people probably realized it.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Ohhh....lol...makes sense.
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

KevinMU1 wrote:The next big release will, however, feature linux and Macintosh versions.
OK Michael,

There you go..... A Mac version is in the queue.
KevinMU1
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by KevinMU1 »

If anyone wants to keep track of the progress, this forum in our forums will be posted to fairly often with our latest news about the cross-platform version: http://forums.bitwisechat.com/cgi-bin/i ... i?forum=30

We'll also need beta testers for the linux and Mac versions eventually too, stick around, it'll be fun & exciting! :)
KevinMU1
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by KevinMU1 »

Yeah, so I realized that I left everyone hanging. There's much to tell since my post months ago!

While the Mac version still has some issues, we have new Windows and Linux versions. While still in alpha, they are pretty darn stable, and some of our users have switched over completely.

The next alpha, out in a few days, will introduce a brand new file transfer manager. I might add that since the last time everyone gave it a go, we've added lots of stuff to the new cross-platform version: URL history, buddy icons, simultaneous login (be logged in with more than 1 name at a time), a fairly overhauled UI, etc. Don't forget, too, it all works Linux! A Mac version will be out just as soon as wxWindows stabilized sockets on the Mac. Once that happens, the Mac version will bust out very quickly in full glory.

So... the old boring version is available here: http://www.bitwisechat.com

The new cross-platform version, with versions for Windows and Linux, is here: http://alpha.bitwisechat.com

You can sign up here: http://www.bitwisecommunications.com/chat/SignUp.php

If you forgot your password, reset it here: http://www.bitwisecommunications.com/chat/resetPass.php

That's all for now. And, really, this is just the beginning, much more is to come! Don't miss out! I'll gladly field any questions. See you online!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

...You said buddy icons were not importent (I think it was you)... It looked intresting at the time, but their simply is not enough users to even start using it a lot (maybe I'll put it on the faster computer though).

Guess I'll download the alpha never less (maybe this time I'll figure out the most simple parts of it before the harder parts :grin:).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

The new alpha has a lot better preferences. I use the alpha all the time now. It's great I like it a lot.

My BWC nick is insomica. Anyone can IM me anytime.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

...And it takes up a LOT less memory then AIM, which even more features (minus the flaw of being new).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
KevinMU1
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by KevinMU1 »

I realized buddy icons were useful when someone pointed out to me that you can use them to quickly identify a window :)

Also, you will note the web-bug in insomica's sig that shows his current BitWise status... pretty neat! :)

As for the users... USE IT! Then there will be users. :)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Oh sure... put the blame on me... I se...

.........oh... never mind....

:P
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

:tells my mother that Anthony did everything i got in trouble for before: :P