HAL 2.0

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

Sound like you will need all the harddrive space.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Yea I will--especially when it comes to all my digital audio work. That 80Gb drive that I'm gonna be using for it would get filled pretty damn fast.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Okay, time to resurect this post from the dead. A few updates about my constant work-in-progress:

No, it isn't done yet. With the move I made, it drained me of funds, and I need to pay off my credit card debt before I finish the computer. However, I still do have my pretty case, PSU, and fans, so I've worked with what I have by putting a little money here and there for it.

I have heavily modifed the Koolance case with three green LED radiator fans and an LED switch for the dual CCFLs on the side panel of the computer. The Koolance control board will control not only the three radiator fans, but the two case fans. In total there will be five green LED fans (three radiator, two case), and a dual green CCFL lighting system. The LED for the lights is green.

In fact, I had to make a custom power cable for the CCFLs because the LED switch required a grounded source, so I had to add a third spade connector and wire to the already existing power cable. All my power cables are sleeved with black sleeving and green heatshrink tubing, and have black molex connectors on them. The power supply is an Antec True550 modifed to be modular. Basically I can add and remove the power cables as need. Not only does it look nice, but it helps with ventilation.

I'm too lazy to look up my revised hardware list, but not much has changed from the original list. Now I'm gonna use three SATA 120Gb hard drives instead of three of three different sizes--I figured it would be more cost-effective that way. I'm getting all-new optical drives (a DVD-ROM/CR-RW combo and a CD-RW), and that new SBLive! Audigy 2 that was just released. I'm also gonna get a RADEON 9800 Pro and liquid-cool it. I was thinking about getting that new RADEON 9800 XT that should be hitting shelves soon, but I figured that the 9800 Pro would be more cost-effective, and that it's probably not worth spending the aditional money on a 10% performace gain when I can overclock it more with the water-cooling.

If anybody really wants to hear the full spec list, lemme know and I'll post it up again. I'll try and take some new pictures of the case when I can, but at the meantime, I have some on my website in the following thread:

http://www.cdproductionsinc.com/phpBB/v ... =2417#2417