Proposed Bill Would Let FBI Police File-Sharing

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:Another way would be to contact you twice, asking you to stop.. if you don't the 3rd time they have a legal right to attack your computer through some other undisclosed method.

This is all craziness if you ask me. It's going to far..
I don't think this option is crazy. I think it makes a lot of sense. You're doing something illegal. You get warned. You get warned again. If you don't get the idea by that time, then you obviously don't care, and I think the copyright holders have a right to take action against you.

It might suck, but yes, when people make music, you are supposed to pay them. Nothing is free.

Now Wasted, I suppose your problem is more with them "destroying" your computer, and I understand that, but I think that if you ignore warnings, they have a right to take stronger action against you. I'm sure it will be up to some judge to decided first, of course; I doubt a company could just hack into your computer and screw things up without a court order.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Michael wrote:I'm sure it will be up to some judge to decided first, of course; I doubt a company could just hack into your computer and screw things up without a court order.
Now that is true. It's invasion of privacy if they were to just walk into my computer and screw things up.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I think the RIAA has their heads up their butts again... Do they really think they will be able to just get a bill passed with out at least one companies top noth lawyers being unleashed on them?

Verizion is a fine example. They did every thing they could to prevent a simple IP from being released...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ