80x CD Burner?

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

jester22c

Post by jester22c »

neenmo wrote: you're wrong. the faster it writes, the less time the laser spends on each bit on the CD. the less time the laser spends on each bit on the CD, the less solid each bit is written. you can tell because CDs burned at fast speeds have a much lighter, less noticible ring of data. this makes it hard for CD players, DVD players, ect, to read it, because it has trouble focusing on the less distinct bits and bytes. this is why sometimes on a fast burned CD, the first few tracks are not readable, since the inner part of the CD spins faster then the outside.

Cd drives (reading or writing) speed up as they move away from the center of the disc there chief. Your argument holds no truth. Perhaps if you buys your electronics at walgreens... you might have a problem. If writing to a disc faster made it less readable then they would not continue to increase the write speeds. What you said about bits being lighter at faster speeds is true, but to a millionth of a fraction of a difference... not nearly enough to effect it being read properly. If you have problems burning cds I would suggest investing in some quality hardware.
:D
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq03.html#S3-31

well... i know that at least for video..... it matters.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Plasma2002b wrote:http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq03.html#S3-31

well... i know that at least for video..... it matters.
plasmas link wrote:
...some informal testing with the venerable Yamaha CDR-100 determined that it worked best at 4x speed with media certified for 4x writes. 1x worked almost as well, but 2x would occasionally produce discs with unrecoverable errors...

... It's entirely possible that writing slowly to "high-speed" media will produce significantly worse results than writing to it quickly...

...With some recorders and some media, it's actually better to write faster...

neenmo

Post by neenmo »

jester22c wrote:If you have problems burning cds I would suggest investing in some quality hardware.
If sony isn't quality hardware, then I guess i'm out of luck.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

neenmo wrote:
jester22c wrote:If you have problems burning cds I would suggest investing in some quality hardware.
If sony isn't quality hardware, then I guess i'm out of luck.
The CDR/Ws have more to do with things than the burner (which I'm assuming you are talking about). But the most important factor is knowing what the heck you are doing. 90% of the computers I fix were troubled as a result of user error.
Bonojohn
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Bonojohn »

ive got a NEC-1100A DVD-BURNER

DVD+R, DVD+RW 2.4x (3.300 Kbyte/s),

CD-R 16x (2.400 Kbyte/s),

CD-RW 10x (1.500 Kbyte/s)

http://store.yahoo.com/supermediastore/nec-nd1100a.html
BFII Bono Film Industries Incorporated BFII
<-- <-- Upside down F <-- <--