NVidia

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Bonojohn
Just Registered
Just Registered

NVidia

Post by Bonojohn »

im using nvidias 64mb ddr nvidia geforce mx 420 with tv out and ive used the tv out function constanly and one day it stoped working out of no wear the card functions in every way exept the tv out function. so i was wondering what to do.

P>S> i dont have the software for the nvidia card was preinstalled buy dell
BFII Bono Film Industries Incorporated BFII
<-- <-- Upside down F <-- <--
BFII official sight!!
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

You could try downloading and installing the latest Detonator drivers from nVidia. Just make sure you uninstall any drivers you currently have, or else the new Denotator drivers may conflict with the old ones. Maybe you just burned something out on the card by using it too much...who knows.

I have a GeForce4 Ti 4600 in my computer, and that has TV-out as well, but I've never used it.
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

I spoke to him on AIM...

I'll post the outcome whenever there is one (he went to restart computer like 10 minutes ago...)
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

Newest drivers didn't help...

He said he's checking maybe the cable got screwed up...

(Sorry for double post)
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

who manufactured the board? i once had a GeForce2 MX 32MB DDR card (it was generic, but when i got it i didnt know much bout computers and video cards). then, after like 6 or 7 months, it started 2 screw up. i saw "shadows" where if there was something dark on the screen, the area towards the right of the spot would b darker. this was hella annoying when doing nething other than gaming, i didnt notice it much during games but it was still there. but it didnt affect my performance at all. then one day i had enough of my gay vid card so i went to compusa and got me a VisionTek GeForce4 Ti 4600. when i got home and opened it, i noticed the heatsinc was different than a normal ti4600. i put it on my comp (replacin my gay card) and booted to window98se 1st. installed drivers and everything. i played a game, but i got the same framerates as my olf gf2 was getting (30 fps on tribes2 800x600x32 everything else default). i was pissed. i then booted 2 xp and the drivers would work. i couldnt go up past 640x480x8. i took the card out and after many negotiations, got a full refund. well i think i got a lil offtopic there (and i think i posted my wonderful story somewhere else on these here forums). the point is that VisionTek sux and never trust them. the 2nd point is it may b the time for your card 2 start dying. when i got the ti (and then got a gf2mx64mb ddr (it was SUPPOSE 2 b a gf3ti550 BUT it was from visiontek...)), i gave my gf2mx32mbddr to my friend (cuz he had a tnt2 and didnt mind the "shadows"), it died a couple of months later. your card might die spontaniously too? time for an upgrade
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I checked the Website the other day..cause I'm having a problem of a different nature with my TV-Out.
It states that if you download the "Reference" drivers from the nVidia Website they don't provide support for the TV-Out function. The only way it'll work correctly is if you install the CD-Rom drivers which came with the computer.. and/or original installation CD.
Bonojohn
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Bonojohn »

Dode those drivers they complety fucked up the desplay and i had to system restor my pc. im just glad u didnt cause more harm to my pc.

in reply to robpol86 i have no clue exept that its the board on dell demension4500
BFII Bono Film Industries Incorporated BFII
<-- <-- Upside down F <-- <--
BFII official sight!!