PSU thoughts

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

PSU thoughts

Post by DADINK13 »

I'm thinking about replacing the PSU in HAL 2.0 with a new one. The current PSU is a PC Power & Cooling 475watt unit. I'm thinking of replacing it with this really sick Antec True 550W unit that's been modified by FrozenCPU.com to be modular. It's really sick.

The main reason I'm thinking about replacing it is because my current unit is pretty damn loud, and supposedly this Antec unit is fairly quiet. And seeing how I'm going water-cooled, the less noise, the better.

Thoughts?
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

what was the point of this!!??!?

i got me the Antec TruePower 550, it kix ass
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Robpol86 wrote:what was the point of this!!??!?
The point of what? Making it modular? Less wires inside means more air ciculation which in turn means better cooling.

Plus, less noise is usually nice too. How loud is it?
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Okay, I just got my modular Antec TruePower 550. One word: Awesome. The cables are all sleeved with black sleeving and green heatshrink at the ends. One end of each modular cable is black, and the other is white. The white ends are females that plug into the power supply cables, while the black ends are males that plug into either the motherboard or the drives.

Basically, the thing is really hot if you have a window in your computer and wanna show off just how hot your rig really is. And FrozenCPU.com is exactly what they say they are--the largest seller of PC case mods. Their a bit expensive, but their selection of stuff ROCKS!! :D