computer shuttin down on it own

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

the_few_the_many369

computer shuttin down on it own

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

Hey my computer is retarded, i get this message that says Windows must restart because the remote procedure call (rpc) service terminated unexpectadly......shutdown initated by NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM. Ya then it counts down from a min. untill it shuts down!!! Very strange!!! grrr it pisses me of!!! It happens like from 10 min. when i start using the computer!! Anyone know wtf is up with it? Thanks :D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Easy... Your computer and my computer both hate us and are working together... ;)

Well I had the same problem, but I could track it down to a stupid windows update I did... Did you happen to install any new drivers or such?

Like I said I did the windows update (a nvidia driver and some other vidieo related driver) and then that started to happen. I attempted to uninstall the stupid drivers, but that didn't work... Ended up so mad that I just re ghosted the stupid thing...

Now that I think of it... I would boot into complete safe mode, and see if that "fixes" the problem. If it does uninstall any new video drivers you might have and see if that fixes the problem.

If that solves the problem (and you have a nvidia video card) I suggest we go to their HQ together and kick some major butt :cheesy: .
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I have been reading on multiple tech-related forums I am a member of that people are getting this problem and it's spreading like wild-fire. From what everyone is saying is that it is directly related to the problem Axilla linked to in his post above mine.

Someone is attempting to take advantage of the Windows vulerability that Homeland Security has been desperately warning people able.
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
the_few_the_many369

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

Walker wrote:
Did u happen to install any new drivers or such?

no i havent! And the problem with that thing that axilla posted is that my computer wont stay on long enough enorder to download that patch! or w/e it is!! I guess im screwd :( ......so for the mean while i have to be on a slow ass 98 computer :twisted:
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=4577

go 2 the bottom where i posted, its faster

the reason this is happenin is cuz of this:
Every1 knew about the vulnerability a long time ago, but yesterday, the worm (the slammer or blaster) was created, and the only thing the attacker has 2 do is scan an ip range for a certain open port (like 15*) and tell the worm the ip. instantly you are infected, you dont have 2 download nething, u can leave ur comp untouched for months and still get infected.

only protection is turnin off RPC, gettin a firewall (hw or sw) or get the 1 MB patch from microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treevi ... 03-026.asp

if u got the worm, get the removal tool from:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/av ... .worm.html
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

I had the worm and 5 other virus heh. I got rid of them too. But I did not get the countdown like some other people got with the blaster worm.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image