WINDOWS XP/2K/NT MAJOR SECURITY RISK...

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

It's a good day to be a Mac user!

Well, every day is a good day to be a Mac user, but lately, it's been ever better than normal. :D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I'm sure Microsoft is a little more up to par then people would like to give them credit for... I mean any company that is a decent size (anything over 10 people) should have this patched by now (Or at least patching the most critical systems while they work on it), if they don't deserve to be hit hard.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
the_few_the_many369

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

hey, does anyone elce becides me think its strange that Microsoft announced that risk of that RPC and put up a patch for that A long time ago? And then as soon as that worm came out, those anti virus companys had a tool to remove it? I dunno i think its pretty strange! I think microsoft has some kind of relationship with those anti virus companys and have them fix things for them adhead of time and tell them they have troubles with there software. So they have those companys fix it for them as soon as those "hackers" start relasing that worm?? Or have that removal tool i should say.
Ya i was gunna post this some time ago, but humm forgot lol!!!!
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Nope, Its Just You. ;)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Of course M$ talks to the AV companies, but it not anything that shouldn't be expected.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Besides, Microsoft released a patch for that exploit over a month ago. Not its fault, nor the fault of the AV companies, if no one downloaded it.
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

It's just human nature. If a warning came out that a huge disaster was coming and that people needed to get prepared (i.e. stock up on supplies, water, etc), most of mankind would wait until there was only a few hours left.
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
the_few_the_many369

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

HEY! Were comparing apples to oranges here! From weather to computers, its just not the same! You all know im right!!!!! :wink:
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

No, I'm talking about human nature. Human nature is that they wait until the last minute to do ANYTHING. Remember the Y2K thing? Many, many, many people were scrambling at the last minute trying to gather their supplies to survive the turmoil that never happened.
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley