RIAA mess up

Post by Anthony »

PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

here a nice web site I found. Http://www.boycottRIAA.com you get the drift plus they have some really nice reads that bring a lot of stuff to you attetion (Like the fact that there is little Justifcatoin for the raising cost of CDs because now it the equiment and cds cost LESS) plus they have a list of all recording compains part of the RIAA
http://www.boycott-riaa.com/membership.php is a dirctlink to it
And I can say I am quite glad that Century media is NOT on that list and this is the US compainly that makes the CDs of the group Nightwish
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

To say boycott RIAA is pointless. Anyone that would boycott them has already. Have you not heard of the 30% dip in CD sales?

Rather what people need to do is step up against the RIAA, and get laws passed of the sort that would control CD prices.

Anyways... When you become a member of those groups that boycott the RIAA you become a prime suspect. Is that what you want? Don't go posting on message boards how you steal music all the time... After all no forum software is as secure as the creator would like and the RIAA can easily find someone to "break" in... set a cookie, and have your IP.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseDMA wrote:To say boycott RIAA is pointless. Anyone that would boycott them has already. Have you not heard of the 30% dip in CD sales?

Rather what people need to do is step up against the RIAA, and get laws passed of the sort that would control CD prices.

Anyways... When you become a member of those groups that boycott the RIAA you become a prime suspect. Is that what you want? Don't go posting on message boards how you steal music all the time... After all no forum software is as secure as the creator would like and the RIAA can easily find someone to "break" in... set a cookie, and have your IP.
you don't have to boycott.. but you can do the next best thing and sign a petition on the EFF - http://eff.net/share/petition/
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

I'll post that I download music.

Hey, RIAA, a few years ago, I downloaded the song Jurass Finish First by Jurassic 5, didn't pay a fucking cent for it!

But guess what? I liked it so much, bought the album it is on and their other album, I went to three Jurassic 5 concerts, and bought their third CD when it came out. So yeah, sue me for that money, I'll bring my CDs to court, maybe I'll decide which of my Jurassic 5 t-shirts to wear to court, I'll bring my concert ticket stubs, and signed poster. See if you can win that fucking court case you assholes, I hope you're reading this RIAA you faggots.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I've signed those as well.. but the one on the EFF.net will get better recognition.
Also.. it's got over 30,000 signatures.. and it only needed 10,000 to be ready to hand in to congress.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Can you actually hand in online petitions to congress? I know you can with written petitions, but I thought online was just BS.

See Wasted, I'm censoring myself. I'll take that r!mjob now, thanks. :lol:
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Axilla wrote:Can you actually hand in online petitions to congress? I know you can with written petitions, but I thought online was just BS.

See Wasted, I'm censoring myself. I'll take that r!mjob now, thanks. :lol:
Yes, online petitions are fully legitimate.

And as for the other disturbing comment.. Bring it on big boy! :lol:
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Axilla wrote:RIAA you faggots.
cheers
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Axilla - ever hear of digital signatures? Things you sign online such as the petition, are a form of it. So, like Wasted said, yeah, it would be legitimate.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182