MSN Messenger locking down it's network

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Wasted,

I never correlated Open-Source with "Free". I usually correlated it with "alot cheaper than M$". I mean, I would be more than willing to pay the "out of the box" prices for Linux, than for WinXP.

Yes, most Open Source projects are free. After all, it's alot easier to get someone to look at your project if it doesn't cost anything.

Also, the code for an open-source project probably would still remain free, but you would have to pay to execute the code.
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

What is the point of add-ons for AIM, MSN, or Y! when you can get one program that has everything built in it already. Why don't you just use a program that is so good that you don't need add-ons. Why not use a program with no adds that don't take up any extra bandwidth for you or the servers. Wouldnt that be nice? If you would like to read more what this great program has click here. If you would like to sign-up before reading any of the Top 20 reasons why BWC is better click here. The alpha that BWC has it is really good. It's not like other alphas because it really works. Click here to downlaod the latest alpha. As far as linux goes they have a linux version too. They are also going to make a MAC version too.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

insomica (8:38:27 PM): http://www.bitwisecommunications.com/chat/Top20.php
Robpol86 (8:39:34 PM): yes, but just cuz its BETTER doesnt mean its POPULAR
Robpol86 (8:39:40 PM): just like the 2.88 MB floppy disk
Robpol86 (8:39:42 PM): it was BETTER
Robpol86 (8:39:44 PM): but not POPULAR
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Well the only way to get a product the mass users it deserves is for current users to tell their friends and such about it :).

I aslo say it is a great program.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

So what we are saying is that AOL May follow the pack and lock down GAIM, Trillian, etc. But in no way will it affect users of AIM+, DeadAIM, middle_man, etc. Correct? Or am i talking out of my ass?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

W4LK3R wrote:So what we are saying is that AOL May follow the pack and lock down GAIM, Trillian, etc. But in no way will it affect users of AIM+, DeadAIM, middle_man, etc. Correct? Or am i talking out of my ass?
You're correct.

So for people like me who run Linux.... and use GAIM, because it's far superior to any (Windows) AIM Addon, we're going to get shut out.

And I refuse to use the AIM Linux version 1.5 :evil: