iTunes for PCs

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

iTunes for PCs

Post by Timelessblur »

Yes it is out. It was realised today and yes it is almost exaclt like the mac verson. I been playing with it since I downloaded this evening. I will tell you now the program Kicks major ass. In my eye the program is great when you have a large amont of mp3s in it orginzation. The libray alone makes it a great and increase the easy of navigating your mp3s.

It is no replacement for winamp in a lot of things. Winamp will always be the thing that will open up to play any mp3 I double click on simple because it is easy for playing a small number of mp3s on that. I just going to be using them both more offen. itunes prouble will become the player I use the most simple because it is easier to play the mp3s I want.

Problems with it is learning how to use it. Installing it you will have to tell it not to become you defauilt player for both quicktime and Mp3s. As stated before winamp is much better for being a default player. To get it just go to http://www.apple.com

Trust me everyone get it and just start playing with it I think you will learn to love it

(Lastly I could not run this post though a spell check do to I am using heavy processer use right now making jumping bettween pages very slow and diffcult to do)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Yeah, I tried it out myself. It is quite nice. Just do yourself a favor and don't put the iTunes directory as the same folder as your music, as it will completely and totally rearrange that folder.

But otherwise, it's SWEET!
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

I load my directory and after about 500 songs the program crashes. I know I have a lot of music but new programs should be able to handle that.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Maybe I'm missing something... What exactly can't Winamp do that iTunes can? Winamp has had a library since 2.95... Or since version 3, depending on what engine you like better.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

It how the libray works. if you have ever saw itunes on Macs you would understand. It is just a lot easier to navigate around the libray in itunes. Just check it out I believe you will like it once you get used to it.

I told itunes to consedate my entire libriy into one folder for me because basicle all my music was all over the place on my computer and it saved me the trouble of orinzing it all
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I'll stay loyal to Winamp. :)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Timelessblur wrote:I told itunes to consedate my entire libriy into one folder for me because basicle all my music was all over the place on my computer and it saved me the trouble of orinzing it all
Are you crazy? I have 52 folders... And it's only going to get bigger...

Now that is how your organize your files :)... Kinda of a double standard though when it comes to burning music.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

no it makes thing all in one spot. I have a lot of free mp3 that where unorginzed. and I am telling you to test it out. I still have winamp as default but itune capibles make it a very good media player tool (I tested out wimap 5 when back to 2.91 LOL)

I put in a pick of mp3 folder that itune consoldated for me. If you already have them orginzed dont have ti do it just tell it the dictore and it put them all in you libray to access and one of itunes
Attachments
itunesfolder.jpg
itunesfolder.jpg (117.03 KiB) Viewed 4450 times
itunepic.jpg
itunepic.jpg (101.15 KiB) Viewed 4448 times
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Um... And? Wow iTunes can tell me what my "favorite" songs are?... "Top highly ranked music: Everything".. Why would I waste HD space with songs I don't like?

http://www.phasedma.com/anthony/winam.jpg
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

PhaseDMA wrote:Um... And? Wow iTunes can tell me what my "favorite" songs are?... "Top highly ranked music: Everything".. Why would I waste HD space with songs I don't like?
iTunes keeps track of your songs and how many times they are played. It is assumed that you don't play your entire library from beginning to end each time. I'm assuming your favorite tunes are the ones that are played the most.
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

Well someone rip whole CDs to their harddrive. I bet that they don't like all the songs on that CD. So they would rate some songs on that CD higher then others.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Okay.. I guess I'm not going to get out of this one alive with out actually trying a :gasp: Apple program... I don't even use Quicktime (Thank you Kazaa Lite for a working soultion).

Well when this blows up my computer one of you owe me $1500 :P .
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

19.1 MBs FOR A mp3 PLAYER...

You'r killing me guys :falls on ground gasping for air:
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Okay... So it does do a good job throwing things into the right places... The tags are getting better, much faster then they would have ever with Winamp. Dare I even say this is fun putting things into the right places now?

In short you have me convinced. It is so much faster too.. Oh and now I have realized just how much music I have on my computer that I DON'T like.. Blue... The Game of Love.. ugh..

Now if only there was a way to throw it into the system tray with out PowerMenu.

Needs to learn to shut up, and give programs a chance when suggested by so many people
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ