Computer Restartin after Connected to the Internet

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
Robpol86 wrote:err.... i was. distracted

ANYWAYS, we dont know wats doing that cuz were not even sure WATS WRONG. he needs to tell me wat error he gets. its either a hardware failure or an outside attack
I'm leaning toward the former.. moreso than the latter.. He said his computer is up-to-date. Therefor it couldn't be an exploit. Maybe a virii... but not an exploit.
Microsoft finds exploits before crackers?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

sometimes yes......

ok, theres too many causes for that stop code. and its usually is a problem w/ conflicting irqs. im asumming u only have one processor to make things easier.

at the bottom, does it show a driver causing it? usually its something to do w/ ur vidcard. (nv4disp.dll for nVidia)
the_few_the_many369

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

Yes i'm runnin one processer, and it doesn't say anything about a driver, at the end it says physical memory dump complete, or somethin, i'll look it up if you need to know what exactly it says.....
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

the_few_the_many369 wrote:Yes i'm runnin one processer, and it doesn't say anything about a driver, at the end it says physical memory dump complete, or somethin, i'll look it up if you need to know what exactly it says.....
trying reinsttalling you internet protcals or drivers. I going to have sujusted a full reformat and clean install of everything
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

do u use a dialup modem or a nic? try updating drivers for either of those devices.
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

I smell a reformat for the future.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Robpol86 wrote:ok, theres too many causes for that stop code. and its usually is a problem w/ conflicting irqs.
One way to free up IRQs is to turn off shit you don't need via the BIOS.

Disable your Parellel/LTP1 port .. and your Serial (COM1, COM2) ports if you don't use them. The IRQs will then get reassigned to other devices..and in your case if you've got too many devices which may be causes problems.. the IRQ reassignment should fix the problem.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

com1/3 and 2/4 etc have their OWN irqs. only way to stop sharing irqs is to remove unnedded hardware. like if ur using boradband, remove ur 56k modem.

anyways, this bsod is usually caused by misconfigured devices or bad drivers, not irq conflicts.

when my sound and nic shared an irq, and screwed up, i just lost sound and internet, nothing else happened.
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Axilla wrote:If you're getting IRQ errors try taking out a PCI card that you don't need (a dial up modem if u have one)
Robpol86 wrote:only way to stop sharing irqs is to remove unnedded hardware. like if ur using boradband, remove ur 56k modem
Someone quick contact the Redundancy Department of Redundancy!
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Robpol86 wrote:com1/3 and 2/4 etc have their OWN irqs. only way to stop sharing irqs is to remove unnedded hardware. like if ur using boradband, remove ur 56k modem.

anyways, this bsod is usually caused by misconfigured devices or bad drivers, not irq conflicts.

when my sound and nic shared an irq, and screwed up, i just lost sound and internet, nothing else happened.
Yeah well screw you too.. smartass. At least it sounded good.
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

the_few_the_many369 wrote:hey guys i'm here, lol i forgot about this.......hey i'm runnin xp, and I'm 100% positive its not the blaster cuz i got the patch for that a long time ago. No it just restarts the computer, then it says it has recovered from a serious error, lol! But that said it before the computer would restart as soon as you are connected to the internet!
see, he forgot, it wasnt my fault
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
the_few_the_many369

Ha I was figuring that i had to reformatt, errr but this is like the 2nd time this month....ahh you guys prob. reformatt millions of times with all that shit and messin with windows registry changed shit. Well for curisity how do i turn stuff off via BIOS? and i have dial up by the way :roll:
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

the_few_the_many369 wrote:Ha I was figuring that i had to reformatt, errr but this is like the 2nd time this month....ahh you guys prob. reformatt millions of times with all that shit and messin with windows registry changed shit. Well for curisity how do i turn stuff off via BIOS? and i have dial up by the way :roll:
For newer computers.. entering the BIOS.. keep pressing the DEL key as it starts up.
On older computers.. it used to be the F1 key. Sometimes it's even the CTRL depending on your setup... or if you use prebuilt (DELL, etc.) computers.

If you're not sure, restart the computer... on the first screen ..where it does the POST test.. (detects mouse, keyboard, harddrives, cdroms, floppy.) it should say it on or around the bottom of the screen.

Something similar to "Press DEL to enter setup"
the_few_the_many369

And once i am in this BIOS thing, what do i do? Change IRQ Drivers or whatever they are called.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Newer? I didn't think 3 months was that old... Even for a computer...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ