Random Mouse Movement

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Random Mouse Movement

Post by Jrrtt37 »

ever just sit there, and out of no were your mouse pointer will move? shake over to the right or left about 3 inches. I was sitting here, then all of a sudden, my mouse skids over about 3inches with a nasty shake.

any cause? or just stupid computer.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I vote stupid comptuer. My laptop does it every now and then if I use my touch paid. I reduced it by installing the correct drivers but it still does it from time to time
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

If you use an optical mouse, there may be dust near the sensor.
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

no, i'm to cheap, i use the reg. good ol, PS/2 microsoft mouse
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I have a optical mouse that cost $6.99... The non optical was $4.99...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

i'll admit, i bought a optical mouse one time, and installed it, rebooted, it worked for 5 min, and froze on my screen, i said fuck it, took it back and stayed with PS/2.
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Master Jedi wrote:If you use an optical mouse, there may be dust near the sensor.
That or a dog hair, if you have a dog ;) That used to happen to me and I was so confused and upset...then I realized there was a dog hair stuck in the hole that the laser shines down through.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Jrrtt37 wrote:i'll admit, i bought a optical mouse one time, and installed it, rebooted, it worked for 5 min, and froze on my screen, i said fuck it, took it back and stayed with PS/2.
Just to note:

Optical does not mean no more PS/2 (And why you would use PS/2 when you can (with out effort) use USB is beyond me).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseDMA wrote:I have a optical mouse that cost $6.99... The non optical was $4.99...
Lucky bastard. I bought the M$ Optical Intellimouse .. for like $45. It's such a rip-off .. but it works great. I've had it for years, and never once had a problem.

And it being USB in conjuction with the optical mouse movements.. give you precision pointing you just can't get from a plain 'ole trackball mouse. :wink:
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

PhaseDMA wrote:
Jrrtt37 wrote:i'll admit, i bought a optical mouse one time, and installed it, rebooted, it worked for 5 min, and froze on my screen, i said fuck it, took it back and stayed with PS/2.
Just to note:

Optical does not mean no more PS/2 (And why you would use PS/2 when you can (with out effort) use USB is beyond me).

uhh... id rather use my PS/2 port and not waste a usb 2.0 port... its like getting a serial thing for ur usb port to use a 33.3 k modem instead of using com1.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
PhaseDMA wrote:I have a optical mouse that cost $6.99... The non optical was $4.99...
Lucky bastard. I bought the M$ Optical Intellimouse .. for like $45. It's such a rip-off .. but it works great. I've had it for years, and never once had a problem.

And it being USB in conjuction with the optical mouse movements.. give you precision pointing you just can't get from a plain 'ole trackball mouse. :wink:
I have a M$ Trackball Explorer...it's old, but I think it's pretty good.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Me I left the tracking ball mouse 3 years ago and I have never look back. I hated having to clean the tracking ball mice every month or so to just make htem work. Hell right now about every time I use want of the school computers I clean the mouse.

As for my mouse I paid 20 bucks for a 5 buttom mouse. and I think that 20 bucks is a good deal for a 5 button optical mouse
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Robpol86 wrote:
PhaseDMA wrote:
Just to note:

uhh... id rather use my PS/2 port and not waste a usb 2.0 port... its like getting a serial thing for ur usb port to use a 33.3 k modem instead of using com1.
I only have one PS/2 port (laptop), but it's a pain to get to the USB port (laptop) (3 times a day).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

yes, i rather have the USB port open especially when i have the ps/2 port open.
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I switch bettween them. at home on the home desktop I tend to use the PS2 mouse because why waste a perfertily good USB port. But sometimes I connect my mouse to the computer though a USB because quite simplely I like it more and it easier to steal. At home on that comptuer quite offen it is running with 2-3 mice and 2 keyborads. as for my laptop I dont have a choice i have to USB