Another Problem! ugh

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

the_few_the_many369

Another Problem! ugh

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

Ya, allrite i have another problem! Once you start up the computer, about 50 internet pages pop up, and they keep comming and once you like right click on them and click close grup. They all come back, and you can't do aything!!!! I have a screen shot, cuz i was lucky enough to catch it. But i have to fix this damn CD-ROM inorder to read it. So...if i can get it, i'll show ya! But for now you just have to imagine 50 webpages poping up and saying can't find web address or server, or something, cuz i'm not on the internet as soon as i turn on my computer.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Hah.. SPYWARE! (or malware)

What have you installed recently?
the_few_the_many369

not much i just reformatted-all i have on it is AIM, Firewall(Zone Labs), Infranview, Kazza Lite, anti-virus and i was going to download ad- aware 6.0--but i didn't get time to get it downloaded :x
Last edited by the_few_the_many369 on Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Well what did you do previously to the computer.... before it started doing this?
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

tell me this....... where did you get your copy of kazaa lite?

cause i heard about these modified versions of klite that have god only knows what kinds of stuff.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Good point... It is ever harder to hit a real site... Even the ones that were real weeks ago are no longer...

Also realize... That you can't get Kazaa Lite from any real site any more even... Your best bet would be www.oldversion.com to get Kazaa Lite.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
the_few_the_many369

Don't worry, i fixed it! I changed some things in msconfig and start up, and i turned off iefeatures and now it doesn't pop up with 50 million internet pages! And ya I did get kazaa lite from oldversion. I would show you a screen shot.......but it doesn't work it says no post mode specified. So either i'm doin somethin wrong, or it wont work.