site problem.

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

site problem.

Post by Jrrtt37 »

ok, problem, I'm using Dreamweaver to make a site, i have it made, i'm hostrocket.com to run it, but i can't figure out how to upload the site, i do what it tells me to do with setting up the FTP but it still won't load. WHY???
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

No offence, but isn't that what the host's support is for?

If your host does not have support, then you need to find a real host, and fast.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

it supports it, i just can't figure out how to upload it right i guess, i click the upload and load the stuff, but am i putting it in the right folder? (public_html)
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Yes it needs to go in public_html.

Hmmm...

What is your FTP info (Minus the PW)?

In the mean time... I'm going to assume you have a cpanel... So use the file manager to upload files until you can figure it out... You at least will have a site :).

If you trust me (and you can, because I'm not a jerk) you can PM me all your FTP info including your PW, and see if it's just your computer... (Even if I can't be trusted (which I can) there is nothing for me to mess up).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

wait....... are you trying to uplaod it using dreamweaver?

if so, just try uploading the files manually..... cause yeah..... simplicity takes away from managability

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Something is really messed up... He has the files in place, but they only will list the directory, instead of loading index.htm (or any play on the extension).

I told him to yell at his host...

I know it can be fixed with .htaccess but I don't know, and can't seem to find what needs to be put in there.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PhaseDMA wrote:Something is really messed up... He has the files in place, but they only will list the directory, instead of loading index.htm (or any play on the extension).

I told him to yell at his host...

I know it can be fixed with .htaccess but I don't know, and can't seem to find what needs to be put in there.
Seems like the host has Indexing or Fancy Indexing turned on.
(What system are you being hosted on? M$ or Linux/Unix ??)
Tell his stupid ass to turn it off, and it'll stop showing the directory of files and display a page.

If that still doesn't work, tell the host to change the default page types.... index.html, index.htm, index.cgi, index.php, index.asp, default.html, etc.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

As far as I can tell (from seeing it) it is a linux box (no... It IS a linux box) running cpanel (I think... The host has it so fancy it is insane) on apache.

I'm 90% sure it's the host being stupid and not having things set up in a logical way, but now that you mention it.. Maybe he did make it index every thing... :goes to check .htaccess:

** I fixed it... ***

This stupid line was the problem:

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

Oh well this is good... I need to be able to trouble shoot this stupid junk in 2 months...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

the site works, but only if i use the IPADDY such as http://IPADDY then it comes up, why it doesn't work with the domain name idk, i think it still needs to register, but it's be almost two days since i bought it. domain name is jrrtt37.com
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Don't worry for another two days.

After that ask your host if they have it set up correct in WHM.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

i called them today, and they never registered my domain, they charged me for the register, and never did it, so now i just have to wait 24 hours as of 4:45 today.
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
BigHead
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by BigHead »

who was it so we don't use them?
BigHead
~2592~
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The sever is real slow, and FTPing sucks... But I wasn't going to say anything... I'm kinda tired of getting people to switch to my host (unless I really like the person) with out getting something in return for the referal.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

well, it's up and running, it might of been when i clicked for it to register, i might of scrolled down and accidently changed it, i don't know. but it's up. and thats a Plus.
Signature:

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON