os installation failure

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

os installation failure

Post by Nathan »

im trying to install windows on a new hd, i first tried 2000, now im trying xp, but during the setup on both, it says "restarting computer to continue setup" so im like, "ok, restart" and then its like, "no operating system found" and i was like, "yea, thats why im installing one"
so, i dont know what the crap is wrong with it, i thought maybe there is something in bios i dont have configured correctly, i went through it and tried to see something like that, but i had no luck

any ideas?
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

if you install xp on a harddrive thats not primary-master, and you set primary-master to boot in the bios, you will get that error. if this is the case either make ur bios boot to the right harddrive 1st or install the os on the primarymaster

if this isnt the case, then i dunno
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

what about the lil switch in the back of the hard drive that has to be were "MASTER" is???
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

it detects as master in bios, but if that is the case then i can try taking out my second hd and see if that has any effect on it
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!