Whats the best video game console?

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

The best video game console

Playstation 2
40%
Game Cube
15%
X-Box
25%
Originals (N64, PS1, etc.)
5%
Others
15%

Total votes: 20

whosurdaddy

Whats the best video game console?

Post by whosurdaddy »

Tell us what your favorite gaming console is and say what you like about it and what you dont like about others.

Me, i like PS2..it has good graphics, its original, plays dvd, good games.
I dont like the Gamecube controller, and its little cd's
and x-box crashes
ImmortalDragon
Banned
Banned

Post by ImmortalDragon »

snes r0><0rs
But time flows like a river...
And history repeats...

http://boards.sytes.net
^^MY BOARDS^^
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

N64 and PS1 are not originals. I love my 8-bit Nintendo and Atari 5200!
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

ImmortalDragon wrote:snes r0><0rs
Yes it does.
whosurdaddy

Post by whosurdaddy »

after a newer platform comes out it can be considered an original
ZildjianB

Re: Whats the best video game concole?

Post by ZildjianB »

whosurdaddy wrote:Tell us what your favorite gaming console is and say what you like about it and what you dont like about others.

Me, i like PS2..it has good graphics, its original, plays dvd, good games.
I dont like the Gamecube controller, and its little cd's
and x-box crashes
Funny, I thought of starting up this same thread. . . . .

I have had XBOX since Nov. 15th 2001 and it has not crashed once. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Xbox has better graphics than any of the other consoles. Plus, it comes out of the box with a built in hard drive and NIC. Xbox can also play DVDs and has 5.1 sound. Xbox Live has tons of MS $$ behind it and is loads of fun. For a one year old system, the games have been awesome, and are only getting better.
whosurdaddy

Post by whosurdaddy »

some of my friends have it, and theyve complained of it crashing... x-box does have some good games, id really like to see the splinter cell on ps2...it looks awesome
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

whosurdaddy wrote:some of my friends have it, and theyve complained of it crashing... x-box does have some good games, id really like to see the splinter cell on ps2...it looks awesome
strange.... what in the world are they doing to their XBOX?? :o

Splinter Cell is sweet. No need to port it to PS2... it's already on the best console. :D
XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

I think Xbox stinks, but each to his own.
Anarchy and Peace - Learn and Teach.
Kill the panda!
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

If I had to choose from one of those choices, I'd have to say PS2. Why you ask? Simple:

The xBox is nothing more than MS trying to enter yet another market and take it over..but yet with each box they sell, they loose money. Sony has held the console gaming market ever since the PlayStation showed up and crushed the Sega Saturn. Nintendo is holding, but slowly loosing ground to Sony..but now that Metroid Prime, Metroid Fusion, and the upcoming Zelda game on out there..we'll see.

Sure, the xBox has better graphics--because it's built with PC technology. nVidia-designed the graphics core, and Intel makes the CPU. Sony and Nintendo go proprietary--why? Because they have all the years of expreience behind them.

The Nintendo GameCube does not play DVDs. xBox requires the purchase of a DVD playback kit to play DVDs. The PS2 plays DVDs right out of the box.

PS2 supports Dolby DTS 5.1 Sound via optical output at the back of the console. xBox does not have optical out..or at least I think so. GameCube supports Pro-Logic II.

Yea, the xBox has a built-in harddrive, but the only real use of it is to copy your audio CDs onto it to play them back while playing Project Gotham..which isn't even that good of a racing game compared to the greatest racing game ever made: Gran Turismo 3. And since games are saved onto the harddrive, the only way to transport your saved games or other stuff is to either bring your box with you, or (surprise) buy a memory card.

Oh yea, did I forget to mention that the PS2 is the only console that you can stand up on its side?

But all in all, I still think the two best consoles ever made (in no particular order) are:
Nintendo Enterainment System
Sega Genesis
Super Nintendo
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

As much as I hate to admit it XBox is the best.
NES/SNES have the most loyal users.
If I had pick one of the new sytesms it would be a PS2.
If I had to pick my favorite console company it would be Nintendo hands down (That all has to do with being loyal).
If I had to pick the company that makes the best games for ITS consoles it would be Nintendo.
If I had to pick the largest traitor it would be Rare (sorry had to throw that in).
If I had to pick the company I hate most it would be Microsoft with Rare right on their coat tails.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I am a complete and loyal Nintendo Fan. Nothing will change my mind. I one every Nintendo System, none of the others.

Nintendo has been around since before you all were born. Since 1889. Dont believe me, read it here: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/history.html

I used to love Sega as well, until they got crushed by Sony. Then they left the console market and now are just a video game developer.

XBOX is is as Dadink said..nothing more than M$ trying to dominate another market, which by the way here are some facts about it:
XboxAddict.com wrote:It quoted a source as saying that Microsoft had estimated it would lose $750m (£490m) on the Xbox game console in the year to June 2002 - and a further $1.1bn (£720m) in to June 2003.

Xbox creator Seamus Blackley resigned in April

Microsoft has refused to comment on the financial forecasts.

But the company said in a statement: "Microsoft is committed to Xbox for the long term.

reported losses with the estimate given to Microsoft chairman Bill Gates in 1999 that the Xbox project could lose $900m (£590m) over eight years.

The magazine said that Microsoft was losing some $150 (£98) on each Xbox sold.
IF I had to choose my favorite of the new console wars it would be the Nintendo Gamecube. And their not CD's, they are
Mini-Discs Each holds approx. 1.5GB. Not nearly as much as a DVD, but the reason for it is to stop piracy.

IF I had to choose my favorite console of ALL time, it would be the SNES (Hands down). Why?
-Great graphics for it's time. But graphics didnt matter back then, it was the gameplay and control that mattered. If a game had shitty graphics, but awesome gameplay, that game was still a great game! :D
-Over 800 games. That's right. The SNES in it's 5 years of dominance had over 800 games!! That's more than the XBOX will ever have.
-Truly inventive and innovative games. Just look at the Mario games. Look at Star Fox, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 2, 3, and 4. Enough said.

As a side note, the largest traiter: (dum dum dummm) RareWare! For allowing themselves to be purchased by Micro$oft for $350 million dollars.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:N64 and PS1 are not originals. I love my 8-bit Nintendo and Atari 5200!
I was just about to say something along those lines :). I have an 8-bit NES and an Atari system with no number!
-Mark
Big-O Software
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Wow! I didnt realize how many people would come staight out and say how much they love their Nintendo systems. I mean Nintendo spends their money on the younger age group, and that of course is not what these forums consist of (younger being younger then 16). I was very much amazed when I first learned that Nintendo made playing cards (for all you people that dont care to look at the link and contend that no software company could be that old).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

PS2 would definately be my choice over an XBOX or gamecube.

The gamecube would not really even be a consideration for me. I do love, or did love nintendo... but the games they are releasing now are not appealing to me at all. I understand that they want to retain their young audience, but if they would put out some more, and some better games for the teenage/young adult crowd I know they would make at least a 50% gain in sales.

The XBOX does have the potential to display better graphics than that PS2 but on many of its games you cannot tell the difference. A few you can, and for those I certainly pay credit where credit is due. In my opinion the PS2 has many more great game titles than the XBOX does, at least games that I would play. PS2 also has better sound. This only really matters during DVD playback, but it is still a factor in my opinion.

As far as XBOX stability goes... I have a few friends that own them and I have seen them crash before, in more than one instance. I was at a store one time that had about 10 XBOXs on display and 4 of them were frozen up. My friend was at the store and one of the ones there actually caught fire because it overheated lol. Now certainly not all systems have these problems, whatever they may be, but then again some do. If your XBOX works perfectly, then congrats.

The SNES is still my favorite system over all. I think it always will be :) The games that were released on it simply cannot be outdone unless they are redone. eg: Chrono Trigger, The entire Mario series (especially RPG), etc. SNES had some of the best RPGs that I have ever played to date on any system. It is a real shame the direction things have gone for nintendo. Now I am hearing rumors of them not releasing another system. Sad, truly sad.
:D