Whats the best video game console?

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

The best video game console

Playstation 2
40%
Game Cube
15%
X-Box
25%
Originals (N64, PS1, etc.)
5%
Others
15%

Total votes: 20

XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

I personaly like Game Cube the best. Nintendos have always been good to me (even my really old NES that was in storage exposed to outside weather conditions for a few years still works great for me). Other systems don't work too well for me (playsation, genisis, and my friend's xbox), so i desided to stay with Nintendo, but mostly for Zelda and Metriod :wink:
However, i would like to have a PS2, but im afriad that day will be a looooooooooong time away (i can never save up that much money...)
Anarchy and Peace - Learn and Teach.
Kill the panda!
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I'm screaming to have a GC right now. I am a HUGE Metroid fan--I've played and beaten every other--including Fusion--which I was very impressed with..although short.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Metriod Fusion rules. I got though it 2 time since xmas (ok there was not much to do at my Grandparents. I read 3 books beat Metriod a 2 times. Along with played mario party 4 for hours god that games get boring fast though). Now back to Fusion. My second time was 2:23 at 52%. The first time though it was 4:!2 at 42% I planing on doing it again. I want to get under 2 hours.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

My favorite Metroid game of the whole series is Super Metroid on your good 'ol Super Nintendo. I think it's arguably one of the best games ever made for Super Nintendo. It's scary as hell if you've played the other two Metroid games, and even scarier if you play it late at night with the volume cranked. Sitting there listening to Ridley scream, missiles flying everywhere, explosions, Metroids squeaking and shrieking..it's very chilling.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I never really play much of the other metroid games. I did rent super metroid one time. The time i Realy play Super metriod was when my brother download the Rom. so I can not test the volum crank idea on out surrond sound but I must say Super metroid was a lot easy then what you played because the emulator let you save where you wanted (I think it just save a copy of all that was going on in the game a that time. Kind of like a screen shot exept it was the game was saved. the emulator let you do it for all the games like this. so in supur metriod I would always save before I went to try something gutts. that and right out side the boss'srooms where ever else was a good idea...)
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Yea, I tended to do that to with emulators, but as good as an emulator may be, it's still not the same as playing it on the console. And if you ask me, if you have a computer that's powerful enough, you can really turn up the sampling on the sound. All my emulators play at 44KHz, 16-bit stereo, which is CD-quality, and I'm totally blown away at the preciseness of my sound system when it comes to high-quality audio. When you get the chance, CRANK that volume in Super Metroid and fight either Ridley, Kraid, or go through all of Tourian...you'll see what I mean.. 8)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I plan 2. my computer has speaker good enough to be like that. I have to get my bother to find the stuff again. btw does any one know were I can get an emulator that will play megaman x2 and x3. I would buy them but I can not find a place close by selfing a used copy. And on ebay x2 goes for bout 60-70. and X3 is goes for over 100. I can by them used at 40 and 80. just got to find a store....
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

www.edgeemu.com

I'm actually looking for old Super Nintendo games. The good ones..any suggestions from anybody? I own:

NBA Jam Tourny Edition
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Zelda: Link to the Past

I'm looking for some good RPG..maybe a used copy of Chrono Trigger would do nicely.. 8)
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:www.edgeemu.com

I'm actually looking for old Super Nintendo games. The good ones..any suggestions from anybody? I own:

NBA Jam Tourny Edition
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Zelda: Link to the Past

I'm looking for some good RPG..maybe a used copy of Chrono Trigger would do nicely.. 8)
Ebay has Chrono Trigger going for about $30-45. I wanna buy it myself. Secret of Mana is another awesome game. The whole Breath of Fire series is great. There's also a game called E.V.O., it's not an RPG but still a great game..
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:Ebay has Chrono Trigger going for about $30-45. I wanna buy it myself. Secret of Mana is another awesome game. The whole Breath of Fire series is great. There's also a game called E.V.O., it's not an RPG but still a great game..
I saw that actually. ebay was the first place I looked. They have Chrono Trigger not only for Super Nintendo, but for Super Famicom as well. What I can't get over is how expensive an eight-year old game is. But then again, I bought a copy of "The Neverhood" on ebay for $50.. :roll:

Secret of Mana is another idea..I actually wanna ask one of my friends if he has a copy of it. He's big on RPGs--he got me hooked on Wild ARMs for PSone.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

i can not believe that you think that is bad. Go look for megaman X3 for the super now that one is bad (and I want it :sad:)
Click here to see one of them going. When I posted this is was a 73.00 and it still had 3 days left. I expect it to keep going up.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:
xWastedMindx wrote:Ebay has Chrono Trigger going for about $30-45. I wanna buy it myself. Secret of Mana is another awesome game. The whole Breath of Fire series is great. There's also a game called E.V.O., it's not an RPG but still a great game..
I saw that actually. ebay was the first place I looked. They have Chrono Trigger not only for Super Nintendo, but for Super Famicom as well. What I can't get over is how expensive an eight-year old game is. But then again, I bought a copy of "The Neverhood" on ebay for $50.. :roll:

Secret of Mana is another idea..I actually wanna ask one of my friends if he has a copy of it. He's big on RPGs--he got me hooked on Wild ARMs for PSone.
Chrono Trigger is expensive because it's a classic game!! One of THE BEST RPG's ever in my opinion.
Final Fantasy 2, 3, and 4 also carry a hefty price on them as well. I saw FF3 go for $60 on eBay, I was actually bidding, but someone outbid me on it.