GameSpot: Best and Worst of 2002.

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

fuuucckkers

GameSpot: Best and Worst of 2002.

Post by fuuucckkers »

GameSpot.com wrote:GameSpot is proud to present its seventh annual Best and Worst of the Year feature, which highlights the most noteworthy achievements from the past year in gaming. It's appropriate that this year's feature is by far the biggest that we've ever produced, because, by all accounts, this has truly been an extraordinary year in gaming--one where great games weren't uncommon. So now we wish to commemorate the many impressive accomplishments that have emerged in 2002, in an awards feature that encompasses more than 100 unique categories, each with up to five deserving nominees
Head on over to GameSpot and check out the Winners for each of the categories, for each system as well. Then come back here to talk about it! :P

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/a ... index.html
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

This was an entertaining piece. 8)

I happily agree with their decision for Game of the Year, too (though, sadly, I haven't played any of their other 4 nominees).
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I just noticed that it looks like IGN is gearing up for their own 2002 Awards (taking reader's choice votes now) -- cool..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Big-O Ryan wrote:This was an entertaining piece. 8)

I happily agree with their decision for Game of the Year, too (though, sadly, I haven't played any of their other 4 nominees).
For which Platform are you talking about?

PC, GameCube, PS2, Xbox, GBA?
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Nominee for Best Story on PC: WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos
I love that game. I couldn't believe how in depth the story is.

Best Graphics (technical) on PC: Unreal Tournament 2003
If you haven't played it, you don't know what you're missing. UT had great graphics and speed. Imagine those, but far better with "rag doll" physics

Best Budget Game on PC: Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Great game, great sequel, but lacked in some places compared to the first. The final boss sucked compared to the Ugh Zan in the first game. Fragging mayhem at its best (and worst in some cases--like when you have hundreds of guys swarming you :P )

Nominee for Most Improved Sequel on PC: WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos
Need I say more?

Best Multiplayer Strategy Game on PC: WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos
See above.

Game of the Year on PC: WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos
The Blizzard Gods have spoken...and delivered. :D
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

xWastedMindx wrote:
Big-O Ryan wrote:I happily agree with their decision for Game of the Year, too (though, sadly, I haven't played any of their other 4 nominees).
For which Platform are you talking about?
Oh, I was talking about their overall ("General") Game of the Year.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

LOL, I keep reading on through this article..

Metroid Prime baby!!! The most famous bounty hunter in the world just walked away with a bunch of awards--including Game of the Year on GameCube! :D
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:LOL, I keep reading on through this article..

Metroid Prime baby!!! The most famous bounty hunter in the world just walked away with a bunch of awards--including Game of the Year on GameCube! :D
I saw it too..made me happy! :D
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

LOL, I don't even own a GC (yet!!), and I already pre-ordered Zelda Wind Walker. I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on Prime. :D

Edit: WC3 on PC walked away with a ton of awards too! 8)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Who would have thought when the game first came out a girl would be the 2nd (I would think at least) popular nintendo character.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I was glad when war craft 3 won. Sadly I never got to finish the game before my computer went boom. I have not had time to play in a while but I thinkng about reinstaling it and then just cheating to get back to were I was because I see not point in spending hours redoing the humans and the undead. It a great game
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

aclauser wrote:Who would have thought when the game first came out a girl would be the 2nd (I would think at least) popular nintendo character.
Sometimes I think Samus Aran is Nintendo's most popular character...at least amongst the older generation who grew up with the Metroid series.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:
aclauser wrote:Who would have thought when the game first came out a girl would be the 2nd (I would think at least) popular nintendo character.
Sometimes I think Samus Aran is Nintendo's most popular character...at least amongst the older generation who grew up with the Metroid series.
DADINK.. correct you are! 8)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I among the metroid lovers metrod comes in third or forth place (dependign on how count megaman) in my favor vidioe games heros

My favors got like this

1. Megaman X (
2. Zero
3. megaman (this is the name that could just be put with Megaman X but X is so much cooler)
4 Samus
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas