Doom 3

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:No. It's not out. I work in a video game store. I know what's coming out when.

DOOM 3 doesn't even have a street date yet. All I know is that it's gonna be out in April '04. I would've known by now. Don't pull even try to pull something like that on me.
According to GameSpot --
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3/index.html

April 14, 2004.

And this game is going to be amazing. I've seen and played the leaked version about 6 months ago. ATI even admitted to leaking it out at last years E3 conference.
It wasnt very playable though.. there were still lots of pieces of the game missing. Such as boxes and crates that are suppose to be there, but instead had this big red lettering that said ERROR inserted instead.... and sections of walls that were invisible because they didnt add the skinning yet.. (or textures. whatever)

And like Jedi Man.. I'm not a big gamer. But still very impressed.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:April 14, 2004.
That's it. I checked it today at work, and that's the same street date I had. Not bad, it comes out the day after my birthday! :cheesy:

Half Life 2 has a street date of 30 March 2004. Two weeks prior. I wonder if it'll make a difference.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:Half Life 2 has a street date of 30 March 2004. Two weeks prior. I wonder if it'll make a difference.
Should've already gone Gold.. if not for the damn person who supposedly "cracked" and stole half their source code...

But then again, I think Valve just said that to push their release date back even further.. because they've already officially delayed the game twice already. People would get pissed off if they delayed the game a third time. So I guess a "stole source code" might sound better? At least then you can't blame Valve completely for the delay.
BaZ

Post by BaZ »

i have a subscription to CGW, Doom 3 was all over the cover of the magazine, telling everyone how great it will be, let me know when its out.. :|
Why take over the World. When you can build your own?