No text on hkSFV main window

Report problems you've encountered using hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

fxer
Just Registered
Just Registered

No text on hkSFV main window

Post by fxer »

I use windows XP and just installed hkSFV 2.00 and when i run it, all the files in a .sfv file are scanned fine, but there is no text other than the file names on the pane. There are buttons on the screen, but none of them are labled, it doesn't say how long it took and how many mb/s it took scanning the files, etc... just no text at all :)

Thanks for the great program, easily the best windows sfv checker out there
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

If you go to the Preferences dialog, are all your settings "blank"? Boxes unchecked, text fields empty (except the statistics).

This seems to be the cause of losing all your text, when your language gets set to "".

What's causing all the settings to get reset, I haven't yet figured out, but it's top priority..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
SLeeVE

Post by SLeeVE »

fxer: If your the text is still not there, try finding your way into the prefrences and moving the cache size up. When I did this once it re-enabled the all of the text. But I can't get it to happen very often. Let me know if it works for you.

Ryan: From what I've seen so far from testing this bug, it looks like it has something to do with the cache setting. I'll keep on trying to narrow it down by this weekend but I don't know if I'll find it in time for the next release.

-SLeeVE
fxer
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by fxer »

upping the cache size made all the menus/text/buttons appear, thanks for the help guys!

PS: Now that i can see all the new options, the program is even greater than it was completely blank! :)
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

fxer: The bug that made your preferences (and text) go away may strike back, but at least now you know what to do.

But, it looks like I've found the problem and fixed it, so it shouldn't be but a few days before you won't have to worry about this at all anymore.

Thanks for your help, and I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying hkSFV!
-Ryan
Big-O Software