preferences won't save after exit

Report problems you've encountered using hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

jammy

preferences won't save after exit

Post by jammy »

i can load hksfv fine, check files, create SFVs/MD5s no problem. however, if i go into Preferences, check or uncheck any option, then press OK (on that same panel), it will remember it while hksfv is open...

if i press OK in the preferences, then Exit, then re-load hksfv it goes back to the original preferences.

I can edit the settings in the registry, and it will use those as the "defaults" - i can edit the preferences within hksfv, but again it will default back to the registry options when reloaded...

this is just a standard install of hksfv on WinXP SP1. installation folder is "d:\program files\hksfv201". I've tried reinstalling, with no success.

Any suggestions? Are there any other settings saved other than in HKSFV folder or "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Big-O\hkSFV" ?

Many thanks for a great little app.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Hi jammy,

Thanks for the good bug report - I haven't heard of this before, and I don't know what would cause this problem, but if you want to take some time to help me look into it, there's a couple things we can do to figure out what's going wrong.

Send an e-mail to big-o@myrealbox.com , if you have the time, and we should be able to figure it out.

Thanks,
-Ryan
-Ryan
Big-O Software

Same problem here...

Post by Guest »

I'm having this exact same problem on Win 2000 SP3.
I also had to edit the default registry entries to be able to use the settings I want.
masken

Post by masken »

Problem:
When checking "[v] Prompt for filename" under the "Creating" tab in Preferences, after having made a checksum, the option isn't saved.

When opening hkSFV without processing CRC sums and editing the same option and closing hkSFV again, the option seems to be saved.
reason
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by reason »

found hksfv yesterday and like it but am here to report same issue as jammy. pref changes don't save on win2K SP2. need to edit registry values directly. this happens whether the program checks any files or not.

thanks.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This bug should be fixed for the next release of hkSFV.
-Mark
Big-O Software