Can't make *.md5 file from CDs?

Report problems you've encountered using hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

thestarman3
Just Registered
Just Registered

Can't make *.md5 file from CDs?

Post by thestarman3 »

I checked the 'features' section and a couple posts came close to what I'm going to say...

I turn on hkSFV, have it set to create MD5 (not SFV) and to prompt for a filename (why? Because I already tried it the other way and since I gave it the drive letter of a CD-ROM, it came back with an error obviously that it couldn't make one on the CD; although for some weird reason it went ahead and CHECKED all the files again before the error msg.; what a waste of time!).

OK, so after running through the CD again with about 9000 files on it that I had wanted the md5sums for(!), when I give it a location on a hard drive to write the .md5 file to, it ends up with nothing but a whole bunch of ?????????????????? for the sums for some number of files and then apparently gives up before trying to check all the rest! Why does it do this? From what I can see it's because it still expects the .md5 file I told it to create to STILL BE in the same folder on the CD-ROM that it started from, thus it's looking in the WRONG PLACE for the files it's trying to CHECK are vaild!

But WHEN I USE SOME OTHER md5sum UTILITY to create an MD5 file (with full pathnames) from a CD-ROM, hkSFV is able to find and verify all the sums from no matter where I click on that file.

Maybe I'm still missing the correct settings... But if not, can this be fixed?
It means that no one can ever make up md5sums from a whole CD otherwise! And that option under 'creation' where you pick which files you don't want to have in the .md5 listing is too cool not to be able to use on a CD full of files you both want and don't want sums for!
The Starman.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

hkSFV should be able to create .SFVs and .MD5s of files on a CD, so this bug is obviously a big one. Hopefully we'll have this one fixed soon ...
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This bug has been fixed for the next release of hkSFV.
-Mark
Big-O Software