Windows Shell Bug with Multiple Users

Report problems you've encountered using hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Diogo Quintela

Windows Shell Bug with Multiple Users

Post by Diogo Quintela »

The most anying bug i noticed in last build and expected to be already resolved is: I install the program and it works fine for my user. However if I switch user to a normal user in windows XP (don't know if it is important) whenever i right click on windows explorer it says (check your hkSFV settings or similar in a popup box) and the shell explorer menu named hkSFV contains ZERO elements. I mean NO Check SFV NO Check MD5 and NO Create SFV if i recall....
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Diogo Quintela, thank you for these bug reports.

Right now, you need to install hkSFV for each user that wants to use it on an NT/XP machine. It's simply because the installer only installs the registry keys for the 'current user', so you can re-install to the same place and be fine (alternately, you can export/import the keys from the registry, but re-installing is faster & safer).

I would like hkSFV to be able to install for 'All Users' or 'Current User', however.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Big-O Ryan wrote:I would like hkSFV to be able to install for 'All Users' or 'Current User', however.
Storing the setting in 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' or 'HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT' would alleviate the problem. Perhaps that could be accomplished in the next release.