error checking sfv

Report problems you've encountered using hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

error checking sfv

Post by Guest »

I'v been using hksfv over and over and I noticed it would tell me some files were corrupt. I couldn't understand this as a friend told me his files were fine. I tried to extract the rar files and it extracted just fine. I tried another sfv checking program and the files that hksfv says were corrupt the other program said they were perfect. I'm not sure the reason, but this has to be a bug.

Post by Guest »

Now I have a totally different set of rar files. When I run it with hkfsv it says that the first file is perfect, then I run it with the other utility to check the sfv and it says it's bad. So therefore, I try to extract the files and winrar tells me that the first one is corrupt, even though hksfv says it's not. The other utility told me that it was corrupt.
Hopefully these will be fix soon, because I was downloading the same file a few times from a server thinking that it was corrupt when it wasn't and vise versa. I wasted a lot of time on a few downloads now that I look back, so hopefully next release this won't have a problem
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Please attach the .SFV files in question and let us know what the "other" programs are that you are using to verify. Thank you.
-Mark
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

sorry I stopped using hksfv because too many sfv files that I was checking said it was corrupt when it wasn't and the other program when it checked the sfv it would say the files aren't corrupt, so I stopped using hksfv and was hoping to a new release for the bug fix. The program that works with all the sfv files is easy sfv creator. I just came here today to see if a new release was out to fix the bugs as it was anoying to download something check the sfv and it tell me it's corrupt, download it again and it said it was corrupt, then I checked with easy sfv creator and it says the file were 100% even though hksv said they were corrupt. And the extraction works perfect.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Um just because you can use the data doesn't mean something is not diffrent :roll: .
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ