DB Option Similar to QuickSFV

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DB Option Similar to QuickSFV

Post by Guest »

well hkSFV is the best looking SFV util available. however QuickSFV has an edge over it, in that QuickSFV is much faster and it also maintains a previously verified SFV DB. with this if you have previously checked a file that has not changed it the app will tell you that the file has been previously checked. the only reason i use QuickSFV is for this feature and that it\'s faster. otherwise i would use hkSFV because it looks cool. thanks. hope you add these features soon or release it as open source... ;)
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Definitely a good feature, and it will be implemented into the next version.

Just for the record, hkSFV checks SFV files faster than QuickSFV, though :). QuickSFV seems faster because it can skip over previously checked good files. However, when it comes to raw speed, hkSFV is still the best.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This feature has been implemented for the next release of hkSFV, and let me tell you, it is an AWESOME addition to the program. If you just need to check one file out of 15 in an SFV, and the rest previously checked as good, it will remember that they're good (unless of course they have changed!) and give you a quick good rather than taking the time to re-check them. Sweet :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Also, I'd like to point out that hkSFV is able to remember the files you've checked without resorting to modifying your SFV file.

I know this isn't much of a big deal to most people, especially since most SFVs out there have already been marred by QuickSFV - but I've always thought it was unfortunate that they chose to implement a solution that required modifying the SFV file, just to check it.

In addition, this allows hkSFV to remember files you've checked, even if the CD is located on read-only media (like a CD-R, or read-only network share).
-Ryan
Big-O Software