results when comments pane is minimized

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

SLeeVE

results when comments pane is minimized

Post by SLeeVE »

I think a good feature would be to have results bar that's at the bottom of the comments pane, be viewable on the other pane when the comments pane is minimized. That way you can still see how many files passed or failed even when the comment pane is minimized.

Another feature that might be a good addition to this would be to have a real-time percentage readout located somewhere by the progress bar at the bottom of the main pane. When checking a whole bunch of files it would be nice to see the exact percentage instead of looking at just a progress bar.

...Just some ideas that I thought would make hkSFV that much better.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I thought about the fact that you'd miss out on those running counts if you had your window shrunk, but my last thought was "oh well, if you want to see them - expand the window." :)

There's actually even more "running stats" that I'd like to display while hkSFV is working (especially time elapsed & time remaining [mentioned in another feature req. thread, I think], maybe current MB/s) -- the problem I have is finding where to put this stuff. Let me know where you think I could fit more stuff in the UI...

The most likely place for new 'running stats' like this, is actually in the right pane of the window. I've already added another tab next to "Comments" (note that in the View menu it's called the "Comments/Result pane" -- I just didn't get the second tab finished in time for 2.0). I was thinking I might be able to fit time elapsed/remaining in the upper right of the comments pane (in line with the tabs, but right-justified).

And by the way, thank you for all your enthusiasm, ideas, and feedback. I'm always very hungry for input about hkSFV, and it's rather hard to come by - so I really appreciate it. :)
-Ryan
Big-O Software