Option to Turn Off Shell Extension

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Post by Guest »

I'd REALLY love the ability to turn off the hkSFV shell extention in this new version. Other than that, I like the new version so far.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

Amen to that! Any possibility of this making it into the next version?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Yes, this option will definitely be added to an upcoming version.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Aardvark4

Remove it with Regedit

Post by Aardvark4 »

I don't know that this will help everyone, but after finding no option for this in the program I just opened up regedit and got rid of it myself. The keys you should delete (obviously you might want to make a backup of the data before you do this) the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{A1A07B07-F70D-482e-B0E8-B6178E73B094} folder from regedit as well as HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{95243285-CB80-4BE0-A9BF-08676080214D}. If this doesn't work for you, I guess the keys must be different. What you can do in that case is just search through the registry for "hkshlex.dll" without quotes. That will lead you to the key that causes the right click menus.
Frode B.

Great!

Post by Frode B. »

This is great, I cannot wait for the option to turn off the annyoing shell extension - I have no use for it and it is cluttering up my context menu. Apart from that hkSfv is by far the best SFV checker available - great work! Any idea when we will see this?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

This has been already been added to the version of hkSFV that we are currently developing.

I can't say exactly when you'll see it, yet, but you can definitely expect it in the next release of hkSFV.
-Ryan
Big-O Software