system priority?

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

chris83us

system priority?

Post by chris83us »

i was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to have the priority changed to low when the hide button is pressed, like what winrar does 8) that way other programs wouldn't be slowed down
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Actually, it already does just that! :D
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

chris83us wrote:you locked the thread or i would have asked on there...

after i click on hide....when i open task manager and right click on khsfv.exe then goto set priority it still says normal, is that the way it should be? i notice on winrar when it is set to "background" it shows that it's set on low. i have windows xp pro.

just curious

you are AWSOME this is the best program ever!!! i used to use winrar with the archive option (no compression) so i would know that the files dont get corrupted, but this is alot better

i knew about sfvs for a while but the programs were so worthless it wasn't even an option.....then i found ur program!! thanks for making such a nice program, i mostly make md5's for my files and i always use the sfv checker after downloading stuff from people that i guess dont have ur program to make md5's hehe
I'll look into this, maybe I could be doing the system priority stuff different.

I too am excited by md5's. They are used fairly often by the open-source community, since the tools are available for everyone on the *nix platforms, but there hasn't been a general-purpose windows app for md5's that was worth using. Hopefully they'll catch on, now that we have hkSFV 2.0. :) I definitely recommend creating md5's instead of SFVs whenever possible, since the calculation is only slightly more complex (you're always limited by the incoming data speed (HD, CD, etc) anyway) and they ~infinitely~ more accurate.
-Ryan
Big-O Software