Editing or cleaning up the comments

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Spiff00
Just Registered
Just Registered

Editing or cleaning up the comments

Post by Spiff00 »

It would be nice to be able to edit the sfv-file from hkSFV. I know that there's already some changeing that can be done automatically but sometime you/I just have to do some editing manually.

Well, that's what i'd like anyway. Keep up the good work with this app, it's a great one that i've been useing from the start
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Could you be a little more specific about how would you like this to work?

I don't think I typically have a need for this, but if its nonintrusive for those who don't need it, it could probably be added.

I could make the right pane editable (or have a switch that allows you to edit it), but that is only for comments. I could also add a menu option for 'Edit' under File or Tools, and send it to notepad or the editor of your choice..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
SLeeVE

Post by SLeeVE »

I think this would be a good feature. Sometimes when I'm checkin an .sfv the file will have somethin wrong with it, so I have to open it up in Notepad and fix it. It'd be nice if there was someway to edit/save it in hkSFV, so I didn't have to open up Notepad.
Spiff00
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Spiff00 »

Well, any kind of editing would be appreciated. Preferably it would be done from within hkSFV. Maybe you could make the comments pane tabbed where one tab shows only the comment and the other shows the whole file, both editable. It would also be nice to have a option to remove the comment or maybe even replace it with a userdefined one.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

There are definitely two good ideas here. First, an option to either automatically erase all .SFV comments or replace them with a user-defined comment. Second, either making the comment pane editable, or perhaps a menu option or button in hkSFV that would load the current .SFV in notepad.

I think both ideas are worth considering :).
-Mark
Big-O Software