list new files when checking

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

eyebex
Just Registered
Just Registered

list new files when checking

Post by eyebex »

first of all thanks for hksfv, i was searching quite some time for a good and free app to support both crc and md5 hashes in a comfortable way.

a feature i'd like to see is the following: when i create an sfv for a directory and do a check some time later, missing files (files that are listed in the sfv but not present in the directory) are marked with a dash. it would be nice if new files (files that are not listed in the sfv but present in the directory) would also be listed and marked with e.g. "!". this way one could easily see that the sfv file is out of date and the new files need to be added to the sfv.

i know implementing this feature would require hksfv to find ALL files in the directory structure to check (instead of just looking at the files listed in the sfv file), which might be a performance issue if some one only wants very few of many files in a directory structure to be added to the sfv file, so maybe this feature shouldn't be default behaviour but just an option which can be turned off.