Disabling Comments Completely

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DeeLight

Disabling Comments Completely

Post by DeeLight »

Just started using this program, and I've always done my MD5 files without any comments, and would like to continue this way. Could you add a feature to not show any comments at all? not even the 'generated by', so that the first line starts with the MD5 checksum?

Thank you :)

P.S. I checked the version history, and there was an update in august, september and october, and nothing else after that... is the a new version about to come out soon? hehe :D
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This is a feature that probably should have been included all along. It's definitely on our to-do list now. Thanks for pointing it out :D.
-Mark
Big-O Software
DeeLight

Post by DeeLight »

Just make sure to split this feature... ;)

Do not create any comments when creating:
    [x] MD5 [ ] SFV
DeeLight

Post by DeeLight »

I have an even better idea:

Add a Comments tab in the Preferences and split if in half. The first half would be for the SFV comments template, and the 2nd half for the MD5 comments template. Would also be good to have an individual 'Set Default' for both of them. Also, leaving any of those 2 fields blank, would remove the comments COMPLETELY (my original idea).

Post by Guest »

I like to be able to keep the same templat, for both sfv and md5. And have the screen that comes up on the right with me being able to edit it like a text editor. I develop software that I send to some testers, it would be nice if I could while created the MD5 to enter the serial number on the right screen when needed.

I like this also, where it looks like it's a template, so that if you want it to direct to this web site each time you create an sfv it will. Or if you want it blank you just leave it blank. I guess that was the idea.

Love the program, love the speed[/img]