32bit bitmap support for windows xp

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DeeLight

32bit bitmap support for windows xp

Post by DeeLight »

I created some custom icons for myself (the current one are pretty ugly, hehe), and exported them as 32bit bitmaps, but it looks like 32bit bitmaps (for windows xp) are not supported. The background of the icons was black and not transparent.

Here's a PNG version, to show you how my icons look like:Image
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

If you split that image for each button.. you should be able to use ResHack and import them into the progam yourself.

Here's a rundown of what it is, and what it does.. here:
http://www.pt.lu/comnet/desc/reshacker.html
DeeLight

Post by DeeLight »

I did import the split bitmaps (restorator instead of reshack) The bitmaps loaded, but instead of being alpha blended, they had black background. I had to do version with no anti-aliassed edge in 24bit for them to work. For 32bit bitmaps to work in windows xp, there needs to be some additional code added to the program, and that's what I requested.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us ... s_00h3.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us ... s_2b00.asp
Last edited by DeeLight on Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

DeeLight wrote:I did import the split bitmaps (restorator instead of reshack) The bitmaps loaded, but instead of being alpha blended, they had black background. I had to do version with no anti-aliassed edge in 24bit for them to work. For 32bit bitmaps to work in windows xp, there needs to be some additional code added to the program, and that's what I requested.
No, I think you can write a separate manifest to enable them. That's how you do it in VB anyway.
DeeLight

Post by DeeLight »

Master Jedi wrote:No, I think you can write a separate manifest to enable them. That's how you do it in VB anyway.
Oh, then I need to check and see if I can figure out how to do this!

I asked someone, and he told me that the manifest if for theme support in xp... to load 32bit bitmaps, some code has to be added.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I did have to make a change to the code to support 32bit icons in the file list (there are actually 2 different resources used - ICONs for the file list, and BMPs for the menus).

Furthermore, (and I hope you won't mind -- please let us know if you do) I have gone ahead and added your bitmaps to hkSFV. So, those who are running hkSFV with high color will be able to enjoy your icons!
Attachments
hksfv-new_icons.png
hksfv-new_icons.png (30.5 KiB) Viewed 3708 times
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I made a screenshot at the same time as Ryan, but he beat me to posting it. I don't want to be left out :D, so enjoy!

-Mark
Big-O Software