Command Line Parameters

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Command Line Parameters

Post by Guest »

I was wondering if there's a way to use command line parameters when launching the program. I commonly do a recursive sfv check on a set directory and being able to modify an icon to do that would be heaven. I thought there might be a list of command line options on this site, haven't found it yet.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Current hkSFV32 only supports 1 command line parameter, and that is either an SFV filename, or a directory name (to check, non-recursively).

The new version will have more powerful command line parameters. Recursive folder checking for sure, but I'm also building it so that it can be run in a "console"/text-only mode. I'm not quite certain how that will work yet, but it should be more than what you need, I think.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
stu

Post by stu »

Not sure if this sounds dumb.. but i use g6 as a ftp.. it has commands that can execute when files uploaded..dirs uploaded..time of day and all that.
there is no easy way to execute external programs like yours. it would be nice to have something that u can enter file names with commands to pass to like to convert other formats to a certain format, test with winrar,winzip etc. maybe a frontend program that can be called by g6...in that we can call your progies and others. Thanks for responding to my other email so quick.