File "Rename" Options (Case Changes)

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

SLeeVE

File "Rename" Options (Case Changes)

Post by SLeeVE »

Another idea would be to have hkSFV manually rename the files. I think this would be a bit harder to do, and I'm not sure how exactly you would do it. But it would save some time for me. Maybe you could have hkSFV do the SFV check on the file, and if it passes then automatically rename the file to whatever was originally in the SFV file. Most of my work with renaming files from orginal SFV files, involves changing cases of certain letters and stuff like that. So if a file has all lowercase letters and the SFV file has both upper and lowercase filenames in it, then you could have it change the cases of the letters after it was done checking. Like I said, I'm not too sure how you would do this, but if you found a way to do it...it would be kick ass.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Renaming to cases

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I'm glad you requested this - because I've been wanting it too, but not certain if anybody else needed it. The only renaming to be done is to change case, but still - I would like it.

Expect it in the next version.

Expect the next version very soon.

-Ryan
Big-O Software[/img]
SLeeVE

Post by SLeeVE »

One word.........SWEET!
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The next version of hkSFV will include 3 file "rename" options that deal specifically with letter case. First, don't rename files, second, rename files to match SFV case, and third, rename files to all lowercase.
-Mark
Big-O Software