10%
I tried it and it sucked so I don't use it anymore
No votes
I've never used it
54%

Total votes: 41

ElRonco

Post by ElRonco »

Ok, after another reboot, I tried launching the viewer BEFORE loading AIM. I caught the error as shown on the attached gif. I haven't seen this one before.
Attachments
error3.gif
error3.gif (17.36 KiB) Viewed 10244 times
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

That should only happen if you try to open the viewer more than once. If you didnt have it open already, check the task manager (press ctrl-alt-del and choose task manager) for a running process called AIM+ History Viewer.exe. If it crashed previously, it may have failed to unload.
ElRonco

Post by ElRonco »

I agree. This happened after a reboot, history viewer not being auto loaded etc.
MasterNick201
Just Registered
Just Registered

Error

Post by MasterNick201 »

Errr..its not working for me, I think i did something wrong. I took a screen shot of my screen when it happens, and how the folder looks, tell me what i did wrong lol...
[/quote]
Attachments
Folder Picture
Folder Picture
aim2.jpg (84.19 KiB) Viewed 10210 times
Error Message Picture
Error Message Picture
aim1.jpg (79.57 KiB) Viewed 10222 times
------------
o_O;
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Search online for the control you're missing and put in in your windows\system32 directory. It shouldnt be that hard to find.

Edit: You'll need this: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... BRun60.exe

and probably this: http://www.graphic-converter.net/download/comdlg32.ocx (put this in %%windir%%\system32)
Who Gives A Dam
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Who Gives A Dam »

thanks again for the source, idejsecrofkrad, no more XP scrollbars problems :D and i just finished tweakin it a lil so i could load my pics from the same directory as the htm file you are loadin :D since i didnt like the idea of loadin from the AIM+ root
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

There's a problem with the search function in the one I gave you. You can probably fix it yourself, but if not I've fixed it and it'll be working in the next release.
Who Gives A Dam
Just Registered
Just Registered

the only probs i noticed was

1. that it should ignore spaces in sn's (since sn's actually dont have any in them) But this probably doesnt matter

2. it crashes the viewer when clicking on a picture file in the result box

3. it searches by the Date Created, which would be a problem if you decide to paste them after a format, or are addin old saved AIM convos to the directory, since the date created will be the date you pasted

other than those I dont know whats wrong, i'd have to stare at it a while to figure it out

if ya want the code so you can load the pics from the same dir as the htm's or for the revisions below i made, ill send it to ya

EDIT (Oct 21 1:30 pm):
Redid #2, so only htm or html files are loaded in the find box, since you are looking for convos, not pics or anything else, so no more crashes
Redid #3, so it worked properly, but the convos have to be named the same style as the AIM+ convos - Ex. "yyyy-mm-dd [day of week]" so you would have to rename all your pre-AIM+ convos to search properly
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Who Gives A Dam wrote:the only probs i noticed was

1. that it should ignore spaces in sn's (since sn's actually dont have any in them) But this probably doesnt matter

2. it crashes the viewer when clicking on a picture file in the result box

3. it searches by the Date Created, which would be a problem if you decide to paste them after a format, or are addin old saved AIM convos to the directory, since the date created will be the date you pasted

other than those I dont know whats wrong, i'd have to stare at it a while to figure it out

if ya want the code so you can load the pics from the same dir as the htm's or for the revisions below i made, ill send it to ya

EDIT (Oct 21 1:30 pm):
Redid #2, so only htm or html files are loaded in the find box, since you are looking for convos, not pics or anything else, so no more crashes
Redid #3, so it worked properly, but the convos have to be named the same style as the AIM+ convos - Ex. "yyyy-mm-dd [day of week]" so you would have to rename all your pre-AIM+ convos to search properly
1. It used to ignore spaces in sn's until I added the search within logs feature. I screwed it up sorry about that. I'm about to post the fix for that.

2. I'll look into that.

3. It searches by BOTH date created AND the date in the filename, so pictures and logs without dates in the name will show up. If you have a better idea on how to implement it, let me know.

_________________________________________-
Edit:
1. Fixed
2. Fixed
3. Changed so you can choose whether to search the file name or file attributes for the date
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Is it just me, or does the DeadAIM log manager look a lot like version 1 of my viewer?
Attachments
DeadAIM's
DeadAIM's
deadaim.gif (36.11 KiB) Viewed 10118 times
Mine
Mine
mine.gif (19.42 KiB) Viewed 10121 times
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Just a tiny little bit
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Who Gives A Dam
Just Registered
Just Registered

could just be coincidence, but it does in a way look the same, with a few slight changes, like the pics in it though
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Who Gives A Dam wrote:could just be coincidence, but it does in a way look the same, with a few slight changes, like the pics in it though
It probably is just coincidence. Besides, my viewer is 10 times better.
DraGun03
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by DraGun03 »

when ever i exit the program, i get this message from my virus scanner...

whats going on?
Attachments
error.jpg
error.jpg (31.14 KiB) Viewed 10096 times
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

DraGun03 wrote:when ever i exit the program, i get this message from my virus scanner...

whats going on?
Exactly what it says. The history viewer is saving its settings to the registry.