No votes
I've never used it
54%

Total votes: 41

IdOnTcArEx2
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by IdOnTcArEx2 »

i just downloaded the hisview thingy and it dosnt work... how do i make it work?
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

IdOnTcArEx2 wrote:i just downloaded the hisview thingy and it dosnt work... how do i make it work?
Could you please be a little more vague?

What problem are you having specifically?
DaXecutioner
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by DaXecutioner »

i like it alot more than the original. good work. 8)
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

DaXecutioner wrote:i like it alot more than the original. good work. 8)
Thanks
alienzulu

Post by alienzulu »

can't seem to get it to work
it freezes up as soon as i open it :evil:
Check this out it's really neat http://wolf.webcruiser.org/index.php?ref=19494
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

alienzulu wrote:can't seem to get it to work
You're gonna have to give me more info if you expect me to help you.
Ymeaga1n

Post by Ymeaga1n »

alienzulu wrote:can't seem to get it to work
alien try giving us your operating system...version of aim you are using.
crewde

Post by crewde »

im on xp and the new aim 5.1 beta...... that really doesnt matter tho... it should effect the way the history viewer opens. i am having the same problem where it freezes. ne suggestions? i think i may know why it closes tho. i changed the history folder in AIM+ settings from "AIM+ History" to "AIM+ History/Jakey Siemer " so that my IMs get logged correctly. since the history viewer that u made uses the values contained in the registry for aim+, it prolly crashes b/c it expects to find the users folders then buddies then logs.. instead it finds buddies then the logs. n it prolly wants to crash becasue of this. mayeb you can allow us to use a different directory for the hist. viewer other than the directory supplied in aim+ ... just an idea... id like to use your history viewer. im using dead aim's history viewer for all my aim+ convos right now and it kinda sux
crewde
crewde

Post by crewde »

i modified the latest history viewer and it works for me.
Attachments
aim+ history viewer.rar
the newest hist. viewer... modified
(54.65 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
crewde
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

Hi crewde,
I just tried your version... it works fine in AIM 5.00, if you use only one AIM-Name, else it would be a little chaotic (which is a problem with the AIM+ software) :roll: And your version is not that usefull in using AIM 4.xx, because you can only use one Name there, too! :sad: And the switching is a little bit uncomfortable ;)
Mercedes-Benz Fanpage - www.mb-portal.net
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

jff2k wrote:Hi crewde,
I just tried your version... it works fine in AIM 5.00, if you use only one AIM-Name, else it would be a little chaotic (which is a problem with the AIM+ software) :roll: And your version is not that usefull in using AIM 4.xx, because you can only use one Name there, too! :sad: And the switching is a little bit uncomfortable ;)
Ok, I just posted an update. It works for AIM 5.X users AND AIM 4.8 users.
collegegrrl

merge files

Post by collegegrrl »

I'm on aim 4.8.2790 with WinXP/Pro...how do you merge conversations between two people into one? I've got a few people that i talk to on 3 different s/n's and i'd like to be able to merge them so i don't have to switch between folders...
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Re: merge files

Post by Master Jedi »

collegegrrl wrote:I'm on aim 4.8.2790 with WinXP/Pro...how do you merge conversations between two people into one? I've got a few people that i talk to on 3 different s/n's and i'd like to be able to merge them so i don't have to switch between folders...
Not yet possible with my viewer. I've considered a number of ways to implement that (such as aliasing, so that all conversations sent to screen names with the same alias go into one folder, but that didn't work out). I'll see if I can find a way to implement that.
crewde

Post by crewde »

i guess you didnt get the point of me patching the viewer. lol ill try n explain. aim+ on 5.0 logs all my IMs into "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\**buddy**\" rather than "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\**user**\**buddy**\" like it normally does for 4.8. so what i did to get around this is, is i set my History Folder to "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\Jakey Siemer\" so that when it saves my logs itll save to "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\Jakey Siemer\**buddy**" .. so basically aim+ on 5.0/5.1 just totally skips the User folder and goes straight to the Buddy folder.

ok, now that i am logging all my IMs to the right folder, if i use another screen name, itll log all the convos into the wrong folder causing a catastrophe (lol i learned the hard way). so umm i guess if you want to use this lil trick of mine u should be the only user on AIM+, otherwise your logs will end up looking like chat room convos rather than IM convos. lol. but anyways, now back to the point: the history viewer. now that the history viewer v2 works in 5.0 everything is fine.... almost... but it still reads the value out of the registry at "H.K.C.U.\.S.o.f.t.w.a.r.e.\.B.i.g.-.O.\.A.I.M.+.\.L.o.g.D.i.r" and for mine it will read my set folder which is "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\Jakey Siemer\" ... so i can view the logs only for this screen name, but not the others contained in "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\" wat i originally proposed is that you should keep the log directory in AIM history viewer differnt than that of the one of AIM+... or at least have use the default directory from AIM+'s reg vaules unless another directory is supplied.

so again, i will re-patch your version for some people that like my methods better.... just until you cahnge it :wink:

i love the rest of the program tho. it's a nice alternative. i guess u can say i'm making an alternative to an alternative. lol
Attachments
aim+ history viewer.rar
newest patched history viewer v2
(55.54 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
crewde
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

crewde wrote:i guess you didnt get the point of me patching the viewer. lol ill try n explain. aim+ on 5.0 logs all my IMs into "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\**buddy**" rather than "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\**user**\**buddy**" like it normally does for 4.8. so what i did to get around this is, is i set my History Folder to "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\Jakey Siemer" so that when it saves my logs itll save to "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\Jakey Siemer\**buddy**" .. so basically aim+ on 5.0/5.1 just totally skips the User folder and goes straight to the Buddy folder.

ok, now that i am logging all my IMs to the right folder, if i use another screen name, itll log all the convos into the wrong folder causing a catastrophe (lol i learned the hard way). so umm i guess if you want to use this lil trick of mine u should be the only user on AIM+, otherwise your logs will end up looking like chat room convos rather than IM convos. lol. but anyways, now back to the point: the history viewer. now that the history viewer v2 works in 5.0 everything is fine.... almost... but it still reads the value out of the registry at "H.K.C.U.\.S.o.f.t.w.a.r.e.\.B.i.g.-.O.\.A.I.M.+.\.L.o.g.D.i.r" and for mine it will read my set folder which is "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History\Jakey Siemer" ... so i can view the logs only for this screen name, but not the others contained in "C:\Program Files\AIM+\AIM+ History" wat i originally proposed is that you should keep the log directory in AIM history viewer differnt than that of the one of AIM+... or at least have use the default directory from AIM+'s reg vaules unless another directory is supplied.

so again, i will re-patch your version for some people that like my methods better.... just until you cahnge it :wink:

i love the rest of the program tho. it's a nice alternative. i guess u can say i'm making an alternative to an alternative. lol
Ok, whatever. I'm not really gonna get into the AIM 5 stuff because I don't use AIM 5. And why can't you post ZIP files like evryone else? I don't wanna go download WinRAR.