The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

KnuckleHead005
Just Registered
Just Registered

Good Luck Guys.

Post by KnuckleHead005 »

Good luck to you both, Mark and Ryan, in the real world. Thank you soo much for all you've both done with the recent AIM+'s. And thanks for makin it free!

And to the moron(s) who attacked Big-O-Software, get a life.

-Rich
-Proud AIM+ User :D
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I am not going to go into specifics about these actions or the individuals who perpetrated them, as they were focussed on Ryan and it is soley his decision as to whether or not he would like to discuss this.
Even though we prefer not to discuss the specifics of what took place, know that recently it became severe enough to make us cancel the release of AIM+ 3.0.
-Mark
Big-O Software
kloipus
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by kloipus »

Ok, i know i might be a little late here but all you people saying how mark and ryan are being too sensitive and talking about "empty promises" are harassing them too. I mean i'm mad too but its not their fault. maybe people have tried to hack them or whatnot. If that were me i wouldnt want to keep making AIM+.

Although i was really anticipating it, especially 'cause i just found this site and havent gotten a version of AIM+ :sad: , i can see their reasoning and i hope they contunue AIM+ once everything calms down.

I just have one last thing to say... F*CK YOU hackers. :evil:
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

man that really sucks theres always a few people who have to screw it up for the whole crowd...but i can see where ryan is coming from and he is right that is his program and he had the right to release it or not and if he is going to be harrased, i wouldn't release it either good work guys and good luck
tone
BuckWindy

Post by BuckWindy »

Big-O Mark wrote:
I am not going to go into specifics about these actions or the individuals who perpetrated them, as they were focussed on Ryan and it is soley his decision as to whether or not he would like to discuss this.
Even though we prefer not to discuss the specifics of what took place, know that recently it became severe enough to make us cancel the release of AIM+ 3.0.
I don't get it. If the update was finished, the most severe thing they coulda done to prevent the release, was to completely format your hard drive or steal all the source code and leave u with nothing, is this what happened?
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

man if you had something every wanted and some kid said some stuff bout you would you give it to people? and answer that seriously!
tone
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

*sigh*

I miss my AIM+...

I, like everyone else, want to know if there's a way around this. Releasing it through someone else, another site, etc. would be ideal...quickly renaming it or something like that.

I'm not quite sure what's going on with these harassments, but I did see the error messages in the forum a few days before the site errors. The errors that have been recorded are actually semi-witty and clearly bitter.

Speculation isn't going to get us anywhere, guys. I think it's best just to offer suggestions to the big-o's and hope that they take them. I do want to ask the big-o's to tell us as much as they can, if they haven't already. I feel very in the dark and I'm sure that everyone on this board will offer whatever assistance they can if we only knew the actual problems.

I'm a little irritated at the lack of information given to us by Mark and Ryan, but I understand their situation. I have also had thoughts about AOL giving them problems (not likely, but possible). And the idea that they didn't finish the software at all, were leading us on, etc. also floated around in my head. For about 20 seconds. Neither Mark or Ryan are those types of people; to tease their supporters...they wouldn't do that. It's just not in their best interest. :wink:

So, in conclusion, stop posting such largely negative responses to a problem that two people have clearly been dealing with. Offer these guys some support; they need it.
Last edited by SparkleSatine on Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kate~
pdykstra600
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by pdykstra600 »

if its not too much trouble for you guys, would you be able to tell us why the site went offline for such a long time?
B|ackWo|f

Post by B|ackWo|f »

As one who donated to Big-O back in the day, I am somewhat disappointed that things have come to this, but I understand that you must do what you have to do.

I will not abandon AIM+, and will continue to stick around the forums. You have my continued support and I hope that things will work out in the near future so that you will be able to release the new version :)

I wish you the best of luck in the future!
-Ben-
Do you think college kids in Japan get English words tattooed all over themselves?
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

first they wont go into detail about the release of the program, now they wont go into detail regarding the "not release"

..fascinating.

we may be harrassing them. but in my opinion it is for very good reason, pulling this stunt after all this wait and their assurance that there would be a new version. i may have missed it, but i dont recall anyone saying anything about them being too sensitive.

looks to me that "you people" are sucking up
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

if you guys are going stick around i was going to donate to big-o but i dont know
tone
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

iamvoyager wrote:first they wont go into detail about the release of the program, now they wont go into detail regarding the "not release"

..fascinating.

we may be harrassing them. but in my opinion it is for very good reason, pulling this stunt after all this wait and their assurance that there would be a new version. i may have missed it, but i dont recall anyone saying anything about them being too sensitive.

looks to me that "you people" are sucking up
Frankly, iamvoyager, you need to suck it up. They did what they had to do. And, in case your mother forgot to mention it, the phrase "you people" is quite offensive. Back off of the users AND the developers.
~Kate~
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

i was quoting HIM

"Ok, i know i might be a little late here but all you people saying how mark and ryan are being too sensitive and talking about "empty promises" are harassing them too."
Last edited by iamvoyager on Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah he really didnt do anything wrong and lets not get too off-topic and no fighting its the rules
tone
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

After reading all this, I have a few thoughts:

1) What happened to the forums a few days before the release?
2) What happened with the website the day of the release?
3) Why are we being held so in the dark about what's really going on?

I know I'm being a little insensitive and blunt, but these questions are probably the exact same questions everyone else is asking right now. I don't expect answers to them, but at least if Mark and/or Ryan could shed some light on this situation a little more in the near future..I think all of us would appreciate it.