The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I found out about AIM+ a little while ago and was hoping for the release of the newest version. I use AIM 5.0 and I utilize the old version of AIM+. It works good enough for me. I just want to thank the guys for even doing this in the first place. I hope you guys have better luck with things in the future. Thanks again.[/quote]
Last edited by Moon Child on Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

Post by Matt »

but profilespy had to do with violationg AOL in that it gave users info that they werent supposed to know. AIM+ is just an add-on and it doesn't hurt AOL in the way profilespy did.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
sdh587

Post by sdh587 »

dead aim is the only one i know of that works with 5.0 and its doing good because its the only one that works with 5.0 but it lacks some good things.

you all should accept donations you all would be $RICH$ lol oh and write their names down who said they would donate lol
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:Hey Mark / Ryan, please answer this.

If your site was being attacked with DOS or DDOS attacks(or by any other means), and Choopa is your hosting provider, dont they have log files??
Can't you just check those log files, figure out who did it, and turn it over to the FBI. I mean seriously.. you're not going to just let these people get away with this are you??

I'm not sure who did this, and quite frankly I'm pissed.
I also have to agree PLaYaZoNe that I think it was a competitor who possibly did this.

If it was AOL don't you think DeadAIM and MyIM would also be shut down????

But.. Thanks Mark and Ryan for this product. I'll be waiting for a release sometime in the future.. and I DID NOT forget about donating to you guys... I'm just waiting till after Christmas. You'll have $20 via Paypal.
I totally agree with what Wasted had to say:

Hacking is a serious offense. Why should you let it slide so easily?

Maybe it was a competitor. But who would have the balls and the audacity to do something that vile to somebody?

Yes, like I said, if AOL/Time Warner had something to do with it, none of the add-ons would be around right now. And don't you think it would get some kind of press coverage? After all, how many people use AOL and AIM's services?

As for a donation: Once I start working again (sometime this week), as soon as I have money in my checking account, you guys are getting a nice lump of cash. Just my way to say thank you. 8)
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

mrcbrown wrote:
DADINK13 wrote: And BTW: For everyone else, I think we all should really show Mark and Ryan how much we appreciate their hard work. I think we all should donate to Big-O in one way or another. Whether it be money, hardware, women (:o), or whatever we all can offer, we should. I know I sure as hell will be. How about it?? :D
Well I could probably ship a few ladies their way ;) Open a PayPal account and there will be cash a flowin.

-CB
Hell, I am a woman. Send me over :wink:
~Kate~
kloipus
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by kloipus »

iamvoyager wrote:i was quoting HIM

"Ok, i know i might be a little late here but all you people saying how mark and ryan are being too sensitive and talking about "empty promises" are harassing them too."
HIM? who would know who HIM is? ok im sorry i used "You people" that wasnt meant to offened anyone but i could've been offending the people i was talking about. sorry iamvoyager but i was directing it to the harrassers not everyone
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

BuckWindy wrote:
I don't get it. If the update was finished, the most severe thing they coulda done to prevent the release, was to completely format your hard drive or steal all the source code and leave u with nothing, is this what happened?
In one of Mark's posts, he said "A great deal of work was completed for AIM+ 3.0". I understood this to mean that it wasn't completely ready for release, that there was still a little bit to finish.

Thanks for what you have done so far for AIM+ guys. I have only had it for a short time and, even though not all the features of the older version work with AIM 5.0, it still does enough to be worth it to me. I hope you have better luck in the future with all your endeavors and that noone will again cause you to give up somthing you enjoyed doing.
sdh587

Post by sdh587 »

whats was profilespy.com?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

sdh587 wrote:whats was profilespy.com?
It let AIM users check AOL profiles.
Matt

Post by Matt »

It was a place where you could go and you entered your a SN of a AOL user and it told you what their profile contained. AOL got mad and closed them down.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

Read the past posts...

But, profilespy gave user details beyond what AOL wanted, that's why it's shut down...visit the site for a bit more detail.
~Kate~
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I do have to request a suggestion that was already mentioned and got overlooked...

Release AIM+ notes, and code under the GPL / Open Source Lisence.
Put it up on Sourceforge.net
acrylic forest
Just Registered
Just Registered

this is a really sorry turn of events....

Post by acrylic forest »

i can't beleive the crap people do! the guys at big-o work hard to deliver this free and very useful software to the online community, only to get crapped on? what the hell is wrong with the human race? :(
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

xWastedMindx wrote:I do have to request a suggestion that was already mentioned and got overlooked...

Release AIM+ notes, and code under the GPL / Open Source Lisence.
Put it up on Sourceforge.net
I wholeheartedly agree. Someone will pick it up. It's an amazing software, guys.
~Kate~
mrcbrown

Post by mrcbrown »

SparkleSatine wrote: Hell, I am a woman. Send me over :wink:
Awesome. We have a woman here for ya, come on gents ;) You have donations of cash and women, someone throw in pizza and drinks and I think we may have AIM+ 4.0 by the end of the week :)