The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

mrcbrown

Post by mrcbrown »

AnyoneEB wrote: In other words, the site is going down for another three days. :)

slashdot users can reply to news topics, the discussions usually have hundereds of posts per news item, if not thousands.
Something like that! People better get donations in quick so they can snag a dedicated OC-48 and a Quad P3 Xeon.

-CB
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

jimmyd00gan wrote:what happened to ryan? haven't seen him post in a while...
Yes Mark, I think we've all curious at to what happened to Ryan. Has he gone into hiding or something? Will he give us his two cents on this whole situation soon?
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

xWastedMindx wrote:For anyone that cares to know.. I'm posting the information about the impending death (indefinate postpone) of AIM+ on http://slashdot.org

If anyone has an objection- specifically speaking Mark/Ryan, please post and tell me not to.

http://www.slashdot.org
--News for nerds, stuff that matters.
I have no objection, as it's already all over the internet anyways. I would prefer it be done as a quote of our statement (the first post), as well as a link to this thread, as it contains the original statement as well as follow up discussion.
-Mark
Big-O Software
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

It'll be up as soon as I'm allowed the "Go Ahead" by Mark/Ryan. I don't want to make them mad by telling the general public or anything of the sort... (that make sense?) I think you guys know what I mean though.. hopefully :D
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

Well, im been a user of AIM+ 'till 5.0 came in, and then eagerly drooled over the release wendsday. These probably weren't even decent hackers. Threats are but a waste. I respect the obvious hard work they have put into it. Now, i believe that by release some info about these threats that those of us with friends in high places may be albe to solve. Hell, i know i got a few favors i can call in. if i can get the sources, im sure i could get JJ to rewrite it, and id be sure to host it in multiple places.
"Look at these eyes. One of them is a fake, because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I have been seeing the past in one eye, and the present in the other. I had believed that what I saw was not all of reality..."
mrcbrown

Post by mrcbrown »

Big-O Mark wrote:
I have no objection, as it's already all over the internet anyways. I would prefer it be done as a quote of our statement (the first post), as well as a link to this thread, as it contains the original statement as well as follow up discussion.
We should just open up a AIM chatroom as this seems to be more and more in real time... page 23 coming soon.

-CB
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Big-O Mark wrote:
xWastedMindx wrote:For anyone that cares to know.. I'm posting the information about the impending death (indefinate postpone) of AIM+ on http://slashdot.org

If anyone has an objection- specifically speaking Mark/Ryan, please post and tell me not to.

Cool Thanks man. Where is it already all over the net ?? This just happend like 3 days ago..
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

mrcbrown wrote:
We should just open up a AIM chatroom as this seems to be more and more in real time... page 23 coming soon.

-CB
*laughs* I know! I can't watch the topic; my inbox is flooded.
~Kate~
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

mrcbrown wrote:
Big-O Mark wrote:

-CB
Hell, I'll do that. If anyone care to join me, IM me with the link below and I'll get on it. I can't start it unless I have one other person.. :-?
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

aim Chat 21809290992644312145 if anyone is interesting in chatting about this
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

HEck, im camping this topic. *sets up a tent*
"Look at these eyes. One of them is a fake, because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I have been seeing the past in one eye, and the present in the other. I had believed that what I saw was not all of reality..."
thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

start an aim chatroom, we would all love to join:D
hoozdapimp

Post by hoozdapimp »

xWastedMindx wrote:Hey Mark / Ryan, please answer this.

If your site was being attacked with DOS or DDOS attacks(or by any other means), and Choopa is your hosting provider, dont they have log files??
Can't you just check those log files, figure out who did it, and turn it over to the FBI. I mean seriously.. you're not going to just let these people get away with this are you??

I'm not sure who did this, and quite frankly I'm pissed.
I also have to agree PLaYaZoNe that I think it was a competitor who possibly did this.

If it was AOL don't you think DeadAIM and MyIM would also be shut down????

But.. Thanks Mark and Ryan for this product. I'll be waiting for a release sometime in the future.. and I DID NOT forget about donating to you guys... I'm just waiting till after Christmas. You'll have $20 via Paypal.
Obviously you don't understand how a DOS attack works then...if it was that easy to track do you think anyone would do it?!

Anyways, the way it works is you constantly send requests to a server for packets...in order for the server to respond to you, it looks in the packet you sent them for a reply ip address (this is usually your ip address obviously)...however, the people sending DOS attacks don't want a response, the just want to flood the server with requests so the packets they send are sent with bogus return IP addresses...so there's no way to track where they are coming from.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

xWastedMindx wrote:Cool Thanks man. Where is it already all over the net ?? This just happend like 3 days ago..
By 'all over the net' I meant that it's not a secret, and that I've seen it posted on a number of message boards already ...
-Mark
Big-O Software
AnyoneEB

Post by AnyoneEB »

xWastedMindx wrote:
Big-O Mark wrote:

Cool Thanks man. Where is it already all over the net ?? This just happend like 3 days ago..
3 days? This is the internet, something that happened a few hours ago is old news :).