The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

thecaptainjs

Post by thecaptainjs »

I dont think most of you get it,
they said "it is in their best interest to not release it yet'
something big happened no doubt. I have been dying for aim+ and i stayed up the 10th to try and get it, and have been checking the site several times a day till today.
but seriously,Something big must be at stake for them to cancel it,
If someone told you that if you did something then you would be hurt, or someone was blackmailing you, would you do it anyway risking your prefessioanl career? I think you need to give them more slack.
I too want to know whats going on, but if they would feel persona repercusions then i can wait to find out till later.

I am a loayl aim+ user, adn have spread it out to many people that i know. Set up a way to make donations, and even though i have no money to spare, i will donate $$ to you. this is the best program, no bull$hit, its high quality, and is worth the wait, even though i would rather not.

If you need time for things to cool off, i understand, and some others do to, just ignore those ignortant people who think that they deserve everything here and now, even if its free. I wont upgrade aim till you release the next version.

Good luck,
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

mrcbrown wrote:
SparkleSatine wrote: Hell, I am a woman. Send me over :wink:
Awesome. We have a woman here for ya, come on gents ;) You have donations of cash and women, someone throw in pizza and drinks and I think we may have AIM+ 4.0 by the end of the week :)
*laughs* Ahhh, bribery!
~Kate~
bfavre4

Re: ???????????

Post by bfavre4 »

sdh587 wrote:[/b] really whats up with all of this? the day it was suppose to come out the site gets all messed up? and why dont you just release it?
In the big thread in the Aim+ forum, I believe they said 3.0 was basically done and just needs tweaking till Dec 11. So I agree with you, they should just release it since they already made it.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

mrcbrown wrote:
Awesome. We have a woman here for ya, come on gents ;) You have donations of cash and women, someone throw in pizza and drinks and I think we may have AIM+ 4.0 by the end of the week :)
LOL!! There we go!! :D

But getting back on topic now..

Mark, Ryan, look at the support you're getting from all of us. Let me ask you this: What's more important to you. Knowing that you did something that effected hundreds of thousands of people around the world, or what a small handful of stupid retards have to say about your hard work?
Anaconda
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Anaconda »

I know this is my first post but ive been reading these forums for a while and ive got something to say:

I totally agree with playazone, i think there is a possiblity that there were people threatening mark or ryan with death threats. I couldnt tell ya why but i think that might be a possibility. I just started using AIM+ this summer and i still love it, i dont know whered i be without the history so i cant lose those girls fone numbers! thanks for all ur work and i hope u might give out the codes to a programmer so they can finish your great software :wink:
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

kloipus wrote:
iamvoyager wrote:i was quoting HIM

"Ok, i know i might be a little late here but all you people saying how mark and ryan are being too sensitive and talking about "empty promises" are harassing them too."
HIM? who would know who HIM is? ok im sorry i used "You people" that wasnt meant to offened anyone but i could've been offending the people i was talking about. sorry iamvoyager but i was directing it to the harrassers not everyone
i wasnt aware at the time that my post was so far down from your do to all the activity. i am surprised that that guy picked up the fact that i said it but didnt notice you did (why else would i use the quotes anyway?). You may have been directing it to the "harrassers" (hope this doesnt confuse anyone ;) :p ) i was kind of sticking up for those who said that big-o had made an empty promis, cuz that indeed appeared to be what happend.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

DADINK13 wrote:
mrcbrown wrote:

But getting back on topic now.
I actually enjoyed being off topic for once :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

Big-O Mark wrote:
DADINK13 wrote:
mrcbrown wrote: Awesome. We have a woman here for ya, come on gents ;) You have donations of cash and women, someone throw in pizza and drinks and I think we may have AIM+ 4.0 by the end of the week :)

But getting back on topic now.
I actually enjoyed being off topic for once :).
Well, who wouldn't? I'm not only a woman, but a hot one too. :wink: Just tryin' to keep off topic for ya. :lol:
~Kate~
ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

what happened to ryan? haven't seen him post in a while...
please stop. now.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

For anyone that cares to know.. I'm posting the information about the impending death (indefinate postpone) of AIM+ on http://slashdot.org

If anyone has an objection- specifically speaking Mark/Ryan, please post and tell me not to.

http://www.slashdot.org
--News for nerds, stuff that matters.
mrcbrown

Post by mrcbrown »

xWastedMindx wrote:For anyone that cares to know.. I'm posting the information about the impending death (indefinate postpone) of AIM+ on http://slashdot.org

If anyone has an objection- specifically speaking Mark/Ryan, please post and tell me not to.

Ah the ultimate server load test ;) Please put your seats in full and upright position, prepare for the ./ effect.

-CB
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

iamvoyager wrote:i was kind of sticking up for those who said that big-o had made an empty promis, cuz that indeed appeared to be what happend.
I'm not about to go find a dictionary defintion or anything, but isn't an empty promise one made without any intention of following up? The promise was made in good faith as Big-O Software fully intended on releasing AIM+ 3.0 on December 11.

We have decided at this point not to go into detail about the actions taken against us. However, the harassment was severe enough to make the decision to cancel the release of AIM+ 3.0 an easy one :(.
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

xWastedMindx wrote:For anyone that cares to know.. I'm posting the information about the impending death (indefinate postpone) of AIM+ on http://slashdot.org

When will it be up Wasted? Will others be able to respond to what you're writing about?
AnyoneEB

Post by AnyoneEB »

mrcbrown wrote:

Ah the ultimate server load test ;) Please put your seats in full and upright position, prepare for the ./ effect.

-CB
In other words, the site is going down for another three days. :)

slashdot users can reply to news topics, the discussions usually have hundereds of posts per news item, if not thousands.
iamvoyager
Addict
Addict

Post by iamvoyager »

Big-O Mark wrote:
iamvoyager wrote:i was kind of sticking up for those who said that big-o had made an empty promis, cuz that indeed appeared to be what happend.
I'm not about to go find a dictionary defintion or anything, but isn't an empty promise one made without any intention of following up? The promise was made in good faith as Big-O Software fully intended on releasing AIM+ 3.0 on December 11.

We have decided at this point not to go into detail about the actions taken against us. However, the harassment was severe enough to make the decision to cancel the release of AIM+ 3.0 an easy one :(.
appeared**** (read the posts before replying please). there wasnt much explaination at the time.

im so glad it was easy for you.